Amber Electric (Australia) Custom Component

Is anyone else having issues with the API in the last few days, I’ve had no prices/forecasts come through lately and after removing the integration, restarting and trying to re-add it I enter my API key and hit submit but just get a red exclamation mark as a response.

What happens if you run:

curl -X 'GET' 'https://api.amber.com.au/v1/sites' -H 'accept: application/json' -H 'Authorization: Bearer [your access token here]'

I essentially get a blank response as it returns ‘[]’ - the same is true if I execute from the shell on my Home Assistant VM or on the Developers page on the Amber website via the ‘Try It Out’ capability.

Ok, looks like an issue on your account. Let me dig in.

Thanks Myles, much appreciated.

Fixed! It looks like we were missing some tariff information on your account - I’ve resynced it and it should be back again.

1 Like

All working again, thanks for the quick response and fix!

And it’s gone again… Back to an empty response for GET Sites. Weird eh?

Whoops. forgot to deploy to thing that makes the change permanent. Doing that now. Sorry about that!

That should be sorted (for real) now.

Seems to still be working after ˜4 hours so looks like it’s all sorted - thanks again for all the help!

3 hours is the magic number (the job that would have reset it runs every three hours), so I’m going to call it fixed.

I’m using EMHASS: An Energy Management for Home Assistant to optimise my household loads in light of the crazy prices we are seeing we are seeing across the Australian wholesale market.

Here is today’s plan.

Today’s plan. Feed-in price stays above 60¢/ kWh all day (peaks at $15/ kWh tonight), which is higher than the 40¢ / kWh general price tomorrow morning!

EMHASS daily optimisation is saying to shift all deferrable loads to tomorrow to maximise battery charging (to export over tonight’s peak @ $10-$15) and maximise exports during the day @ 60¢.

A lot of interest in EMHASS from the Australian Amber users facebook group as we try and optimise our way through a crazy electricity market. Redirecting...

2 Likes

Hi, I am having an issue attempting to setup Amber Electric. I put in my API key that I generated, but get a red exclamation mark and it fails.

Any idea how to resolve? I had a look at the HA logs, but could not find anything there to indicate what the problem may be.

I tried the curl example from Amber API documentation from terminal and it worked just fine, returning data.

curl -X ‘GET’ ‘https://api.amber.com.au/v1/sites’ -H ‘accept: application/json’ -H ‘Authorization: Bearer [API KEY INSERTED HERE]’

curl -X ‘GET’ ‘https://api.amber.com.au/v1/state/NSW/renewables/current?next=5&previous=5&resolution=30’ -H ‘accept: application/json’

msedge_2kd9V7MrVs

Does curl -X ‘GET’ ‘https://api.amber.com.au/v1/sites’ -H ‘accept: application/json’ -H ‘Authorization: Bearer [API KEY INSERTED HERE]’ return any sites or just an empty array? If it does return a site, does is it pending or active?

1 Like

Hi thanks for the quick reply @madpilot. I get an empty array when I execute that command.

I should add, that I only signed up to Amber about 1.5 hours ago.

Just wanting to setup automation at home ahead of the switch from my previous provider in a few days time.

Hi @madpilot, not sure if you did anything, if you did, thank you very much for that. It is all working fine now. :slight_smile:

You were just too quick. Usually the API is ready to go straight away, but it can be delayed for… reasons.

The error message sucks - I need to fix that.

1 Like

@madpilot I’m seeing a heartbeat skip in availability of the Amber sensors.

Logger: homeassistant.components.amberelectric
Source: helpers/update_coordinator.py:151
Integration: Amber Electric (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 12:12:10 PM (4 occurrences)
Last logged: 12:26:11 PM

Error fetching amberelectric data: Missing price data, skipping update

Yeah, we know - someone is smashing the API. I’m off today, but I’ve seen murmurs of someone looking in to it.

1 Like