Amber Electric (Australia) Custom Component

Hi,

This is my first attempt at a HA custom component. This one returns the real-time pricing information for grid and solar feed-in tariff for Amber Electric customers. It will show as a sensor, giving your current price at the main parameter, and the 12 hour forecast is present in the attributes.

Initial testing shows some variability in the data returned from Amber based on geography, so if you run into issues using it please let me know either on Github, or directly on this thread so I can help fix it up.

I’m also open to ideas on how to improve the functions based on usecase.

The code can be found here: https://github.com/lewisbenge/hass-amber-electric and needs to be deployed to your customs component folder, and a postcode entered in your configuration.yaml as per the ReadMe.

Let me know your thoughts!

10 Likes

HACS Support would be great :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This could be a bit of a mess, but I’ve pulled out the last (actual) and next 24 hrs (forecast) to get the average and min/max prices

- platform: template
    sensors:
      amber_general_usage_price_previous_24hr:
        friendly_name: Amber General Usage Price (Previous 24hrs)
        entity_id: sensor.amber_general_usage_price
        unit_of_measurement: 'c/kWh'
        icon_template: mdi:transmission-tower
        value_template: >
          {% set price_forecast = (states.sensor.amber_general_usage_price.attributes["price_forcecast"] | sort(attribute='pricing_period'))[0:48] %}
          {{((price_forecast | sum(attribute='price')) / (price_forecast | length())) | round(2)}}
        attribute_templates:
          period_start: >-
            {% set price_forecast = (states.sensor.amber_general_usage_price.attributes["price_forcecast"] | sort(attribute='pricing_period'))[0:48] %}
            {{as_timestamp((price_forecast | first)['pricing_period']) | timestamp_custom ("%A %-d %b, %H:%M")}}
          period_end: >-
            {{as_timestamp((price_forecast | last)['pricing_period']) | timestamp_custom ("%A %-d %b, %H:%M")}}
          max_in_period: >-
            {% set price_forecast = (states.sensor.amber_general_usage_price.attributes["price_forcecast"] | sort(attribute='pricing_period'))[0:48] | sort(attribute='price_forecast') %}
            {{((price_forecast | sort(attribute='price'))|last)['price']}}
          max_in_period_time: >-
            {% set price_forecast = (states.sensor.amber_general_usage_price.attributes["price_forcecast"] | sort(attribute='pricing_period'))[0:48] | sort(attribute='price_forecast') %}          
            {{as_timestamp(((price_forecast | sort(attribute='price'))|last)['pricing_period']) | timestamp_custom ("%A %-d %b, %H:%M")}}
          min_in_period: >-
            {{((price_forecast | sort(attribute='price'))|first)['price']}}
          min_in_period_time: >-
            {{as_timestamp(((price_forecast | sort(attribute='price'))|first)['pricing_period']) | timestamp_custom ("%A %-d %b, %H:%M")}}

amber_general_usage_price_next_24hr:
        friendly_name: Amber General Usage Price (Next 24hrs)
        entity_id: sensor.amber_general_usage_price
        icon_template: mdi:transmission-tower
          {% set price_forecast = (states.sensor.amber_general_usage_price.attributes["price_forcecast"] | sort(attribute='pricing_period'))[48:96] %}
          {{((price_forecast | sum(attribute='price')) / (price_forecast | length())) | round(2)}}
        attribute_templates:
            {% set price_forecast = (states.sensor.amber_general_usage_price.attributes["price_forcecast"] | sort(attribute='pricing_period'))[48:96] %}
            {{as_timestamp((price_forecast | first)['pricing_period']) | timestamp_custom ("%A %-d %b, %H:%M")}}
            {{as_timestamp((price_forecast | last)['pricing_period']) | timestamp_custom ("%A %-d %b, %H:%M")}}
            {% set price_forecast = (states.sensor.amber_general_usage_price.attributes["price_forcecast"] | sort(attribute='pricing_period'))[48:96] | sort(attribute='price_forecast') %}
            {% set price_forecast = (states.sensor.amber_general_usage_price.attributes["price_forcecast"] | sort(attribute='pricing_period'))[48:96] | sort(attribute='price_forecast') %}          
            {{as_timestamp(((price_forecast | sort(attribute='price'))|last)['pricing_period']) | timestamp_custom ("%A %-d %b, %H:%M")}}
            {{as_timestamp(((price_forecast | sort(attribute='price'))|first)['pricing_period']) | timestamp_custom ("%A %-d %b, %H:%M")}}

amber_solar_feed_in_tariff_previous_24hr:
        friendly_name: Amber Amber Solar Feed-In Tariff (Previous 24hrs)
        entity_id: sensor.amber_solar_feed_in_tariff
        icon_template: mdi:solar-power
          {% set price_forecast = (states.sensor.amber_solar_feed_in_tariff.attributes["price_forcecast"] | sort(attribute='pricing_period'))[0:48] %}
        attribute_templates:
            {% set price_forecast = (states.sensor.amber_solar_feed_in_tariff.attributes["price_forcecast"] | sort(attribute='pricing_period'))[0:48] %}
            {% set price_forecast = (states.sensor.amber_solar_feed_in_tariff.attributes["price_forcecast"] | sort(attribute='pricing_period'))[0:48] | sort(attribute='price_forecast') %}
            {% set price_forecast = (states.sensor.amber_solar_feed_in_tariff.attributes["price_forcecast"] | sort(attribute='pricing_period'))[0:48] | sort(attribute='price_forecast') %}          

amber_solar_feed_in_tariff_next_24hr:
        friendly_name: Amber Solar Feed-In Tariff (Next 24hrs)
        entity_id: sensor.amber_solar_feed_in_tariff
        icon_template: mdi:solar-power
          {% set price_forecast = (states.sensor.amber_solar_feed_in_tariff.attributes["price_forcecast"] | sort(attribute='pricing_period'))[48:96] %}
        attribute_templates:
            {% set price_forecast = (states.sensor.amber_solar_feed_in_tariff.attributes["price_forcecast"] | sort(attribute='pricing_period'))[48:96] %}
            {% set price_forecast = (states.sensor.amber_solar_feed_in_tariff.attributes["price_forcecast"] | sort(attribute='pricing_period'))[48:96] | sort(attribute='price_forecast') %}
            {% set price_forecast = (states.sensor.amber_solar_feed_in_tariff.attributes["price_forcecast"] | sort(attribute='pricing_period'))[48:96] | sort(attribute='price_forecast') %}          

That’s awesome! Glad it seems to be working now.

Let me know how this works out for you, and if it’s easier just to commit it back into the Python code to create the sensors without a template.

One of the things that I was interested in doing when I heard about Amber is to see how their forecasts match up with the actuals - I’ll need to sit down and map out how to do that one.

One that might be handy is to be able to have an average forecast for each day rather then each 30min period

It’s also been noticed the data from the public API also has a slight discrepancy with their app. I’ve raised a ticket with their support team to understand why the variations are occurring.

1 Like

Amber have got back to me this afternoon, and attributed the difference to GST. So I’m going to make a change to the formula to include an additional 10% which should hopefully allow the pricing to start to match the app.

If there are additional mismatches, they have suggested raising a support ticket with them as it may be your postcode borders on different networks and they can advise how to get more accurate results.

1 Like

This is great, thanks for putting this together. I’ve just signed up for Amber and should be transferred in the next few days. I’m also fairly new to Home Assistant, but have got the integration up and running.

The value shown for me for the ‘Amber general usage price’ seems to be actual value for this time yesterday, rather than the current period. Is that right, or am I doing something wrong?

I’d like to use the value to trigger the other devices to automatically turn off/on depending on the price at the current time.

Hi,

That doesn’t sound right. The general usage price should be the current kWh price on par with the Amber app. The component is fairly basic, and I’m not passing in any date parameters - as all Amber requires is the postcode. One thing I have realised is the time stamp would be based on AEST, so I do need to update the code to reflect the timezone of the postcode provided.

Could you please provide me some examples of the incorrect data and I’ll take a look at the code. If I can’t find any reason for the discrepancy you may need to raise a support ticket with Amber to ask why.

Also once you have some automations set-up, please feel free to share as it’d be great to see your use cases.

Thanks,
Lewis

Thanks for the response - here’s what I get in Home Assistant:

As you can see, currently it shows the price as 19.84 c/kwh, but in the Amber App it’s 42c currently.

The value of 19.84 c seems to come from the first item in the list below, which is the actual value for this time yesterday. Scrolling down through the list, the values for the last few ‘Actual’ values and the first few ‘Forecast’ values match what is shown within the Amber app.

For the automations, I have so far set up an automation to turn off a bar fridge when the price goes above 50c and there’s less than 1kw of power coming from the solar. That seems to work ok. Will experiment more.

Thanks again, this is great.

1 Like

Here’s the last few actual and first few forecast values that accurately match the values in the Amber app.

I had a look through the code and changed the index for the value that is returned to the sensor in Home Assistant from 0 to 49, this then selects the first value that represents a forecast amount in the list. This seems to be working for me at the moment, will monitor it over the coming days.

Hi James

It looks like your fix has led me to a bug in the logic. I didn’t realize the API can return historical values so when I was returning a 0 index for me assuming it would be the current time for everyone. I’ve just updated the code to now look for the current time and return that as the sensor value, and scrub historical data from the attributes.

I’m just testing and will hopefully push an update this weekend.

Thanks,
Lewis

Hi,

I’ve pushed a version to Github that will now scrub historic price date. This should negate you jumping to index 49 and ensure the price being returned is current. Let me know if you still see issues.

Thanks,
Lewis

Thanks Lewis,

I’ll take a look at the update. It’s been working well for me with my change (upon further investigation, it turned out that index 48 was the value that was used for ‘now’ in the app) and I managed to successfully charge my car overnight when the rate dropped below 12c and stop the charging when the rate went over 15c. I’m still a few days away from switching over to Amber, but it’s great to know that this is possible and actually fairly simple to achieve.

Cheers,
James.

I spoke to their support and at the moment they don’t have a way for us to pull customer data via API :frowning:

The app certainly gets the data so maybe we can reverse engineer it?

@squishykid might be able to help…

1 Like

Not currently an Amber customer myself, but looking into it and have stumbled across this.
I am encountering an error on setup which I’m digging into but don’t yet have the answer, will share here for visibility. Effectively I have followed the setup instructions exactly and rebooted HA, and I’m getting the following on system start:

Logger: homeassistant.components.sensor
Source: custom_components/amberelectric/ambermodel.py:41
Integration: Sensor (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 10:51:06 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:51:06

Error while setting up amberelectric platform for sensor
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 178, in _async_setup_platform
    await asyncio.wait_for(asyncio.shield(task), SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py", line 442, in wait_for
    return fut.result()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/config/custom_components/amberelectric/sensor.py", line 45, in setup_platform
    AmberPricingSensor(amber_data, postcode, CONST_SOLARFIT, "Amber solar feed in tariff", "mdi:solar-power"),
  File "/config/custom_components/amberelectric/sensor.py", line 62, in __init__
    self.update()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/util/__init__.py", line 239, in wrapper
    result = method(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/config/custom_components/amberelectric/sensor.py", line 157, in update
    self.amber_data = AmberData.from_dict(json.loads(response.text))
  File "/config/custom_components/amberelectric/ambermodel.py", line 433, in from_dict
    data = Data.from_dict(obj.get("data"))
  File "/config/custom_components/amberelectric/ambermodel.py", line 396, in from_dict
    VariablePricesAndRenewable.from_dict, obj.get("variablePricesAndRenewables")
  File "/config/custom_components/amberelectric/ambermodel.py", line 51, in from_list
    return [f(y) for y in x]
  File "/config/custom_components/amberelectric/ambermodel.py", line 51, in <listcomp>
    return [f(y) for y in x]
  File "/config/custom_components/amberelectric/ambermodel.py", line 315, in from_dict
    created_at = from_datetime(obj.get("createdAt"))
  File "/config/custom_components/amberelectric/ambermodel.py", line 41, in from_datetime
    return dateutil.parser.parse(x)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dateutil/parser/_parser.py", line 1374, in parse
    return DEFAULTPARSER.parse(timestr, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dateutil/parser/_parser.py", line 646, in parse
    res, skipped_tokens = self._parse(timestr, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dateutil/parser/_parser.py", line 725, in _parse
    l = _timelex.split(timestr)         # Splits the timestr into tokens
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dateutil/parser/_parser.py", line 207, in split
    return list(cls(s))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dateutil/parser/_parser.py", line 76, in __init__
    '{itype}'.format(itype=instream.__class__.__name__))
TypeError: Parser must be a string or character stream, not NoneType

My postcode is 3012 and I can confirm I’m getting data from the API, with a quickly thrown together python script (using the same methods you do) giving me the following output:

:~$ python3 test_amberelectric_api.py
b'{"serviceResponseType":1,"data":{"currentNEMtime":"2020-07-11T10:56:02","postcode":"3012","networkProvider":"Powercor","staticPrices":{"E1":{"dataAvailable":true,"networkDailyPrice":"37.6712328767123","basicMeterDailyPrice":"19.8","additionalSmartMeterDailyPrice":"0","amberDailyPrice":"32.8767123287671","totalDailyPrice":"90.3479452054794","networkKWHPrice":"7.898","marketKWHPrice":"1.86846258860692","greenKWHPrice":"4.5","carbonNeutralKWHPrice":"1.944","lossFactor":"1.0686","offsetKWHPrice":"1.944","totalfixedKWHPrice":"11.71046","totalBlackPeakFixedKWHPrice":"NaN","totalBlackShoulderFixedKWHPrice":"NaN","totalBlackOffpeakFixedKWHPrice":"NaN"},"E2":{"dataAvailable":true,"networkDailyPrice":"0","basicMeterDailyPrice":"0","additionalSmartMeterDailyPrice":"0","amberDailyPrice":"0","totalDailyPrice":"0","networkKWHPrice":"2.882","marketKWHPrice":"1.86846258860692","greenKWHPrice":"4.5","carbonNeutralKWHPrice":"1.944","lossFactor":"1.0686","offsetKWHPrice":"1.944","totalfixedKWHPrice":"6.69446","totalBlackPeakFixedKWHPrice":"NaN","totalBlackShoulderFixedKWHPrice":"NaN","totalBlackOffpeakFixedKWHPrice":"NaN"},"B1":{"dataAvailable":true,"networkDailyPrice":"0","basicMeterDailyPrice":"0","additionalSmartMeterDailyPrice":"0","amberDailyPrice":"0","totalDailyPrice":"0","networkKWHPrice":"0","marketKWHPrice":"0","greenKWHPrice":"0","carbonNeutralKWHPrice":"0","lossFactor":"-1.0686","offsetKWHPrice":"0","totalfixedKWHPrice":"0.00000","totalBlackPeakFixedKWHPrice":"NaN","totalBlackShoulderFixedKWHPrice":"NaN","totalBlackOffpeakFixedKWHPrice":"NaN"}},"variablePricesAndRenewables":[{"periodType":"ACTUAL","semiScheduledGeneration":"424.82","operationalDemand":"6047.92","rooftopSolar":"488.693","createdAt":"2020-07-11T10:54:41","wholesaleKWHPrice":"9.5579","region":"VIC1","period":"2020-07-10T11:00:00","renewablesPercentage":"0.1397532636550458","periodSource":"30MIN","percentileRank":"0.8554216867469879"},{"periodType":"ACTUAL","semiScheduledGeneration":"342.12","operationalDemand":"5899.49","rooftopSolar":"557.687","createdAt":"2020-07-11T10:54:41","wholesaleKWHPrice":"7.724200000000001","region":"VIC1","period":"2020-07-10T11:30:00","renewablesPercentage":"0.1393499047648841","periodSource":"30MIN","percentileRank":"0.7349397590361446"},{"periodType":"ACTUAL","semiScheduledGeneration":"314.95","operationalDemand":"5772.62","rooftopSolar":"611.176","createdAt":"2020-07-11T10:54:41","wholesaleKWHPrice":"7.5251","region":"VIC1","period":"2020-07-10T12:00:00","renewablesPercentage":"0.14507449799461009","periodSource":"30MIN","percentileRank":"0.6385542168674698"},{"periodType":"ACTUAL","semiScheduledGeneration":"300.7","operationalDemand":"5733.68","rooftopSolar":"643.346","createdAt":"2020-07-11T10:54:41","wholesaleKWHPrice":"7.5097000000000005","region":"VIC1","period":"2020-07-10T12:30:00","renewablesPercentage":"0.14803859981126","periodSource":"30MIN","percentileRank":"0.6265060240963856"},{"periodType":"ACTUAL","semiScheduledGeneration":"327.66","operationalDemand":"5610.76","rooftopSolar":"649.965","createdAt":"2020-07-11T10:54:41","wholesaleKWHPrice":"7.5306","region":"VIC1","period":"2020-07-10T13:00:00","renewablesPercentage":"0.1561520430940506","periodSource":"30MIN","percentileRank":"0.6506024096385542"},{"periodType":"ACTUAL","semiScheduledGeneration":"302.83","operationalDemand":"5601.88","rooftopSolar":"626.471","createdAt":"2020-07-11T10:54:41","wholesaleKWHPrice":"7.455800000000001","region":"VIC1","period":"2020-07-10T13:30:00","renewablesPercentage":"0.14920498218549338","periodSource":"30MIN","percentileRank":"0.5783132530120482"},{"periodType":"ACTUAL","semiScheduledGeneration":"279.28","operationalDemand":"5581.66","rooftopSolar":"591.817","createdAt":"2020-07-11T10:54:41","wholesaleKWHPrice":"7.4316","region":"VIC1","period":"2020-07-10T14:00:00","renewablesPercentage":"0.14110314171414262","periodSource":"30MIN","percentileRank":"0.5662650602409639"},{"periodType":"ACTUAL","semiScheduledGeneration":"291","operationalDemand":"5528.12","rooftopSolar":"506.165","createdAt":"2020-07-11T10:54:41","wholesaleKWHPrice":"7.459100000000001","region":"VIC1","period":"2020-07-10T14:30:00","renewablesPercentage":"0.13210595787239085","periodSource":"30MIN","percentileRank":"0.5903614457831325"},{"periodType":"ACTUAL","semiScheduledGeneration":"295.89","operationalDemand":"5504.78","rooftopSolar":"464.959","createdAt":"2020-07-11T10:54:41","wholesaleKWHPrice":"7.657100000000002","region":"VIC1","period":"2020-07-10T15:00:00","renewablesPercentage":"0.12745096561172942","periodSource":"30MIN","percentileRank":"0.6867469879518072"},{"periodType":"ACTUAL","semiScheduledGeneration":"263.51","operationalDemand":"5490.28","rooftopSolar":"361.571","createdAt":"2020-07-11T10:54:41","wholesaleKWHPrice":"7.6747","region":"VIC1","period":"2020-07-10T15:30:00","renewablesPercentage":"0.10681765478991179","periodSource":"30MIN","percentileRank":"0.6987951807228916"},{"periodType":"ACTUAL","semiScheduledGeneration":"270.25","operationalDemand":"5675.66","rooftopSolar":"244.563","createdAt":"2020-07-11T10:54:41","wholesaleKWHPrice":"7.780300000000001","region":"VIC1","period":"2020-07-10T16:00:00","renewablesPercentage":"0.08695837977724825","periodSource":"30MIN","percentileRank":"0.7710843373493976"},{"periodType":"ACTUAL","semiScheduledGeneration":"231.71","operationalDemand":"5868.55","rooftopSolar":"129.693","createdAt":"2020-07-11T10:54:41","wholesaleKWHPrice":"8.7626","region":"VIC1","period":"2020-07-10T16:30:00","renewablesPercentage":"0.060251476974173934","periodSource":"30MIN","percentileRank":"0.8313253012048193"},{"periodType":"ACTUAL","semiScheduledGeneration":"121.04","operationalDemand":"6143.18","rooftopSolar":"51.567","createdAt":"2020-07-11T10:54:41","wholesaleKWHPrice":"10.353200000000001","region":"VIC1","period":"2020-07-10T17:00:00","renewablesPercentage":"0.0278634462392088","periodSource":"30MIN","percentileRank":"0.891566265060241"},{"periodType":"ACTUAL","semiScheduledGeneration":"96.14","operationalDemand":"6467.82","rooftopSolar":"4.404","createdAt":"2020-07-11T10:54:41","wholesaleKWHPrice":"11.2101","region":"VIC1","period":"2020-07-10T17:30:00","renewablesPercentage":"0.015534691011930364","periodSource":"30MIN","percentileRank":"0.927710843373494"},{"periodType":"ACTUAL","semiScheduledGeneration":"159.69","operationalDemand":"6808.41","rooftopSolar":"0","createdAt":"2020-07-11T10:54:41","wholesaleKWHPrice":"10.5435","region":"VIC1","period":"2020-07-10T18:00:00","renewablesPercentage":"0.023454815441490744","periodSource":"30MIN","percentileRank":"0.9036144578313253"},{"periodType":"ACTUAL","semiScheduledGeneration":"232.43","operationalDemand":"6850.81","rooftopSolar":"0","createdAt":"2020-07-11T10:54:41","wholesaleKWHPrice":"6.175400000000001","region":"VIC1","period":"2020-07-10T18:30:00","renewablesPercentage":"0.03392737501113007","periodSource":"30MIN","percentileRank":"0.1686746987951807"},{"periodType":"ACTUAL","semiScheduledGeneration":"263.48","operationalDemand":"6834.25","rooftopSolar":"0","createdAt":"2020-07-11T10:54:41","wholesaleKWHPrice":"6.568100000000001","region":"VIC1","period":"2020-07-10T19:00:00","renewablesPercentage":"0.03855287705307825","periodSource":"30MIN","percentileRank":"0.21686746987951808"},{"periodType":"ACTUAL","semiScheduledGeneration":"226.52","operationalDemand":"6625.57","rooftopSolar":"0","createdAt":"2020-07-11T10:54:41","wholesaleKWHPrice":"6.651700000000001","region":"VIC1","period":"2020-07-10T19:30:00","renewablesPercentage":"0.03418875658999905","periodSource":"30MIN","percentileRank":"0.24096385542168675"},{"periodType":"ACTUAL","semiScheduledGeneration":"229.55","operationalDemand":"6453.75","rooftopSolar":"0","createdAt":"2020-07-11T10:54:41","wholesaleKWHPrice":"7.4041000000000015","region":"VIC1","period":"2020-07-10T20:00:00","renewablesPercentage":"0.03556846794499322","periodSource":"30MIN","percentileRank":"0.5301204819277109"},{"periodType":"ACTUAL","semiScheduledGeneration":"242.48","operationalDemand":"6304.87","rooftopSolar":"0","createdAt":"2020-07-11T10:54:41","wholesaleKWHPrice":"7.129100000000001","region":"VIC1","period":"2020-07-10T20:30:00","renewablesPercentage":"0.038459159348249845","periodSource":"30MIN","percentileRank":"0.3373493975903614"},{"periodType":"ACTUAL","semiScheduledGeneration":"285.69","operationalDemand":"6074.36","rooftopSolar":"0","createdAt":"2020-07-11T10:54:41","wholesaleKWHPrice":"7.3909","region":"VIC1","period":"2020-07-10T21:00:00","renewablesPercentage":"0.04703211531749847","periodSource":"30MIN","percentileRank":"0.5060240963855421"},<truncated due to character limit on post>

As an aside, I note the output lists Powercor as networkProvider… our post code actually has multiple providers (at least Jemena as well). I can’t find any doco on the API to see if there’s a way to ask for more specific info like that…

Looks like I jumped the gun as was minutes from finding the ‘bad’ data. In the middle of this block (use ctrl+f for 5MIN), there is an entry that doesn’t define createdAt. I guess the change needed is to treat that as optional or query Amber if it’s a bug?

"variablePricesAndRenewables": [
      {
        "periodType": "ACTUAL",
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "424.82",
        "operationalDemand": "6047.92",
        "rooftopSolar": "488.693",
        "createdAt": "2020-07-11T10:54:41",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "9.5579",
        "region": "VIC1",
        "period": "2020-07-10T11:00:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.1397532636550458",
        "periodSource": "30MIN",
        "percentileRank": "0.8554216867469879"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "342.12",
        "operationalDemand": "5899.49",
        "rooftopSolar": "557.687",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "7.724200000000001",
        "period": "2020-07-10T11:30:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.1393499047648841",
        "percentileRank": "0.7349397590361446"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "314.95",
        "operationalDemand": "5772.62",
        "rooftopSolar": "611.176",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "7.5251",
        "period": "2020-07-10T12:00:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.14507449799461009",
        "percentileRank": "0.6385542168674698"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "300.7",
        "operationalDemand": "5733.68",
        "rooftopSolar": "643.346",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "7.5097000000000005",
        "period": "2020-07-10T12:30:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.14803859981126",
        "percentileRank": "0.6265060240963856"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "327.66",
        "operationalDemand": "5610.76",
        "rooftopSolar": "649.965",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "7.5306",
        "period": "2020-07-10T13:00:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.1561520430940506",
        "percentileRank": "0.6506024096385542"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "302.83",
        "operationalDemand": "5601.88",
        "rooftopSolar": "626.471",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "7.455800000000001",
        "period": "2020-07-10T13:30:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.14920498218549338",
        "percentileRank": "0.5783132530120482"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "279.28",
        "operationalDemand": "5581.66",
        "rooftopSolar": "591.817",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "7.4316",
        "period": "2020-07-10T14:00:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.14110314171414262",
        "percentileRank": "0.5662650602409639"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "291",
        "operationalDemand": "5528.12",
        "rooftopSolar": "506.165",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "7.459100000000001",
        "period": "2020-07-10T14:30:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.13210595787239085",
        "percentileRank": "0.5903614457831325"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "295.89",
        "operationalDemand": "5504.78",
        "rooftopSolar": "464.959",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "7.657100000000002",
        "period": "2020-07-10T15:00:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.12745096561172942",
        "percentileRank": "0.6867469879518072"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "263.51",
        "operationalDemand": "5490.28",
        "rooftopSolar": "361.571",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "7.6747",
        "period": "2020-07-10T15:30:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.10681765478991179",
        "percentileRank": "0.6987951807228916"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "270.25",
        "operationalDemand": "5675.66",
        "rooftopSolar": "244.563",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "7.780300000000001",
        "period": "2020-07-10T16:00:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.08695837977724825",
        "percentileRank": "0.7710843373493976"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "231.71",
        "operationalDemand": "5868.55",
        "rooftopSolar": "129.693",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "8.7626",
        "period": "2020-07-10T16:30:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.060251476974173934",
        "percentileRank": "0.8313253012048193"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "121.04",
        "operationalDemand": "6143.18",
        "rooftopSolar": "51.567",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "10.353200000000001",
        "period": "2020-07-10T17:00:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.0278634462392088",
        "percentileRank": "0.891566265060241"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "96.14",
        "operationalDemand": "6467.82",
        "rooftopSolar": "4.404",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "11.2101",
        "period": "2020-07-10T17:30:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.015534691011930364",
        "percentileRank": "0.927710843373494"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "159.69",
        "operationalDemand": "6808.41",
        "rooftopSolar": "0",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "10.5435",
        "period": "2020-07-10T18:00:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.023454815441490744",
        "percentileRank": "0.9036144578313253"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "232.43",
        "operationalDemand": "6850.81",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "6.175400000000001",
        "period": "2020-07-10T18:30:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.03392737501113007",
        "percentileRank": "0.1686746987951807"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "263.48",
        "operationalDemand": "6834.25",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "6.568100000000001",
        "period": "2020-07-10T19:00:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.03855287705307825",
        "percentileRank": "0.21686746987951808"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "226.52",
        "operationalDemand": "6625.57",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "6.651700000000001",
        "period": "2020-07-10T19:30:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.03418875658999905",
        "percentileRank": "0.24096385542168675"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "229.55",
        "operationalDemand": "6453.75",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "7.4041000000000015",
        "period": "2020-07-10T20:00:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.03556846794499322",
        "percentileRank": "0.5301204819277109"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "242.48",
        "operationalDemand": "6304.87",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "7.129100000000001",
        "period": "2020-07-10T20:30:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.038459159348249845",
        "percentileRank": "0.3373493975903614"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "285.69",
        "operationalDemand": "6074.36",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "7.3909",
        "period": "2020-07-10T21:00:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.04703211531749847",
        "percentileRank": "0.5060240963855421"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "369.48",
        "operationalDemand": "5932.35",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "7.378800000000001",
        "period": "2020-07-10T21:30:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.062282232167690715",
        "percentileRank": "0.4939759036144578"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "393.83",
        "operationalDemand": "5749.81",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "6.49",
        "period": "2020-07-10T22:00:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.06849443720749032",
        "percentileRank": "0.1927710843373494"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "407.59",
        "operationalDemand": "5518.47",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "6.912400000000001",
        "period": "2020-07-10T22:30:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.07385923997049906",
        "percentileRank": "0.27710843373493976"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "424.38",
        "operationalDemand": "5306.15",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "5.566000000000001",
        "period": "2020-07-10T23:00:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.07997889241728938",
        "percentileRank": "0.0963855421686747"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "408.08",
        "operationalDemand": "5418.48",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "5.7838",
        "period": "2020-07-10T23:30:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.07531263380136127",
        "percentileRank": "0.12048192771084337"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "355.49",
        "operationalDemand": "5374.41",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "6.3558",
        "period": "2020-07-11T00:00:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.06614493497890932",
        "percentileRank": "0.18072289156626506"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "299.07",
        "operationalDemand": "5148.65",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "5.704600000000001",
        "period": "2020-07-11T00:30:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.05808707136822274",
        "percentileRank": "0.10843373493975904"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "277.88",
        "operationalDemand": "4989.88",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "5.932300000000001",
        "period": "2020-07-11T01:00:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.055688713957049066",
        "percentileRank": "0.14457831325301204"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "259.64",
        "operationalDemand": "4820.75",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "7.1698",
        "period": "2020-07-11T01:30:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.053858839392210756",
        "percentileRank": "0.3614457831325301"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "221.79",
        "operationalDemand": "4657.4",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "7.716500000000001",
        "period": "2020-07-11T02:00:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.047620990252071976",
        "percentileRank": "0.7228915662650602"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "169.38",
        "operationalDemand": "4454.61",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "7.4679",
        "period": "2020-07-11T02:30:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.038023530679453424",
        "percentileRank": "0.6024096385542169"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "127.59",
        "operationalDemand": "4336.39",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "6.633",
        "period": "2020-07-11T03:00:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.029423091557724282",
        "percentileRank": "0.2289156626506024"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "112.85",
        "operationalDemand": "4311.67",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "6.501",
        "period": "2020-07-11T03:30:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.026173153325741532",
        "percentileRank": "0.20481927710843373"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "120.69",
        "operationalDemand": "4226.69",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "7.268800000000001",
        "period": "2020-07-11T04:00:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.028554258769864838",
        "percentileRank": "0.43373493975903615"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "94.6",
        "operationalDemand": "4221.21",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "4.4110000000000005",
        "period": "2020-07-11T04:30:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.022410635812954105",
        "percentileRank": "0"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "89.7",
        "operationalDemand": "4252.01",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "4.6002",
        "period": "2020-07-11T05:00:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.021095905230702656",
        "percentileRank": "0.012048192771084338"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "72.07",
        "operationalDemand": "4315.11",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "5.1051",
        "period": "2020-07-11T05:30:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.016701775852759258",
        "percentileRank": "0.04819277108433735"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "60.85",
        "operationalDemand": "4364.03",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "4.961",
        "period": "2020-07-11T06:00:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.013943533843717848",
        "percentileRank": "0.024096385542168676"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "46.7",
        "operationalDemand": "4501.5",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "5.0567",
        "period": "2020-07-11T06:30:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.010374319671220706",
        "percentileRank": "0.03614457831325301"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "39.74",
        "operationalDemand": "4674.07",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "7.3964",
        "period": "2020-07-11T07:00:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.00850222611129059",
        "percentileRank": "0.5180722891566265"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "26.84",
        "operationalDemand": "4802.9",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "5.962000000000001",
        "period": "2020-07-11T07:30:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.005588290407878574",
        "percentileRank": "0.1566265060240964"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "54.53",
        "operationalDemand": "5063.22",
        "rooftopSolar": "5.171",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "7.3205",
        "period": "2020-07-11T08:00:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.011779083342228332",
        "percentileRank": "0.46987951807228917"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "94.57",
        "operationalDemand": "5296.38",
        "rooftopSolar": "31.63",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "6.741900000000001",
        "period": "2020-07-11T08:30:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.023686141730214466",
        "percentileRank": "0.26506024096385544"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "95.71",
        "operationalDemand": "5543.84",
        "rooftopSolar": "61.023",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "8.061900000000001",
        "period": "2020-07-11T09:00:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.027963752191623593",
        "percentileRank": "0.7951807228915663"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "89.35",
        "operationalDemand": "5718.22",
        "rooftopSolar": "110.282",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "9.4237",
        "period": "2020-07-11T09:30:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.03425099622510209",
        "percentileRank": "0.8433734939759037"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "125.35",
        "operationalDemand": "5758.38",
        "rooftopSolar": "177.494",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "8.0993",
        "period": "2020-07-11T10:00:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.05101927702643284",
        "percentileRank": "0.8072289156626506"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "126.19",
        "operationalDemand": "5791.62",
        "rooftopSolar": "299.273",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "8.327000000000002",
        "period": "2020-07-11T10:30:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.06985231886358864",
        "percentileRank": "0.8192771084337349"
      },
      {
        "period": "2020-07-11T11:00:00",
        "periodSource": "5MIN",
        "latestPeriod": "2020-07-11T10:55:00",
        "rooftopSolar": "349.762",
        "usage": "34836.70800",
        "operationalDemand": "34836.70800",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "7.77832",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.08308",
        "percentileRank": "0.7590361445783133"
      },
      {
        "periodType": "FORECAST",
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "159.405",
        "operationalDemand": "5600.83",
        "rooftopSolar": "383.288",
        "forecastedAt": "2020-07-11T10:30:00",
        "forecastedAt+period": "2020-07-11T10:30:00+2020-07-11T11:30:00",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "7.306535500000001",
        "period": "2020-07-11T11:30:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.09068888681673723",
        "percentileRank": "0.4578313253012048"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "173.769",
        "operationalDemand": "5478.93",
        "rooftopSolar": "406.281",
        "forecastedAt+period": "2020-07-11T10:30:00+2020-07-11T12:00:00",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "7.1735268",
        "period": "2020-07-11T12:00:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.09856061235527493",
        "percentileRank": "0.37349397590361444"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "186.936",
        "operationalDemand": "5388.2",
        "rooftopSolar": "418.882",
        "forecastedAt+period": "2020-07-11T10:30:00+2020-07-11T12:30:00",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "7.1300185",
        "period": "2020-07-11T12:30:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.10432399611371082",
        "percentileRank": "0.3493975903614458"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "191.27",
        "operationalDemand": "5326.24",
        "rooftopSolar": "423.355",
        "forecastedAt+period": "2020-07-11T10:30:00+2020-07-11T13:00:00",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "7.125880300000001",
        "period": "2020-07-11T13:00:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.10689883374394198",
        "percentileRank": "0.3253012048192771"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "192.577",
        "operationalDemand": "5308.89",
        "rooftopSolar": "407.741",
        "forecastedAt+period": "2020-07-11T10:30:00+2020-07-11T13:30:00",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "7.262435399999999",
        "period": "2020-07-11T13:30:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.10501255022407427",
        "percentileRank": "0.42168674698795183"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "197.333",
        "operationalDemand": "5293.14",
        "rooftopSolar": "393.241",
        "forecastedAt+period": "2020-07-11T10:30:00+2020-07-11T14:00:00",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "7.0488484",
        "period": "2020-07-11T14:00:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.10385762051469993",
        "percentileRank": "0.30120481927710846"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "204.542",
        "operationalDemand": "5278.75",
        "rooftopSolar": "356.816",
        "forecastedAt+period": "2020-07-11T10:30:00+2020-07-11T14:30:00",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "7.0183157000000005",
        "period": "2020-07-11T14:30:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.09960987059684866",
        "percentileRank": "0.2891566265060241"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "214.737",
        "operationalDemand": "5294.06",
        "rooftopSolar": "302.126",
        "forecastedAt+period": "2020-07-11T10:30:00+2020-07-11T15:00:00",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "7.283951400000001",
        "period": "2020-07-11T15:00:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.09235986795292363",
        "percentileRank": "0.4457831325301205"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "223.59",
        "operationalDemand": "5368.8",
        "rooftopSolar": "233.021",
        "forecastedAt+period": "2020-07-11T10:30:00+2020-07-11T15:30:00",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "7.428237300000001",
        "period": "2020-07-11T15:30:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.08151117288467447",
        "percentileRank": "0.5542168674698795"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "227.498",
        "operationalDemand": "5437.86",
        "rooftopSolar": "151.69",
        "forecastedAt+period": "2020-07-11T10:30:00+2020-07-11T16:00:00",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "7.422366600000001",
        "period": "2020-07-11T16:00:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.06783873478186975",
        "percentileRank": "0.5421686746987951"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "194.459",
        "operationalDemand": "5550.66",
        "rooftopSolar": "70.017",
        "forecastedAt+period": "2020-07-11T10:30:00+2020-07-11T16:30:00",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "7.475487800000001",
        "period": "2020-07-11T16:30:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.04705411821387353",
        "percentileRank": "0.6144578313253012"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "154.308",
        "operationalDemand": "5784.49",
        "rooftopSolar": "10.184",
        "forecastedAt+period": "2020-07-11T10:30:00+2020-07-11T17:00:00",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "7.676948400000001",
        "period": "2020-07-11T17:00:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.02838675652849496",
        "percentileRank": "0.7108433734939759"
      },
      {
        "semiScheduledGeneration": "134.22",
        "operationalDemand": "6079.53",
        "forecastedAt+period": "2020-07-11T10:30:00+2020-07-11T17:30:00",
        "wholesaleKWHPrice": "11.1968989",
        "period": "2020-07-11T17:30:00",
        "renewablesPercentage": "0.02207736453311358",
        "percentileRank": "0.9156626506024096"
      },
      <truncated>
    ]

Hi all,

Thanks for raising these issues. Apologies for the delay in responding, my wife had a baby 2 weeks ago so I’ve been trying to stay away from the keyboard for a few weeks to get everyone settled. I’ll take a look at the above and commit changes back into the Github repo to fix ASAP.

Thanks,
Lewis

1 Like

No stress mate. Congrats on the newborn!