Ambient Weather api stopped working

Ambient weather api doesn’t work while the ambient weather app does. My assumption is something is wrong on the home assistant front.

The home assistant link to my ambient weather station stopped at 6:50 PM Saturday. Tried rebooting both the station display and home assistant this morning but all ambient sensor show as Unavailable. The links to the Ambient Weather network are updating.

From the home assistant log:

Log Details (ERROR)
Logger: metno
Source: components/met/weather.py:143 
First occurred: 7:33:04 AM (1 occurrences) 
Last logged: 7:33:04 AM

https://aa015h6buqvih86i1.api.met.no/weatherapi/locationforecast/1.9/ returned 203

The ambient data connection started working at 7:34 AM.

Mine is still down. Did it come back on its own for you or did you need to reboot HA?

Mine is still down as of 8:40am CDT. I tried removing and re-adding the Integration, but previously valid keys and a newly generated set of keys both come back with “Invalid API Key and/or Application Key”.

1 Like

Here is a plot of the recent activity

Same here. Have you contacted Ambient Weather?

There is a Facebook group for Ambient Weather Network Users, which is monitored by Ambient. There are reports of server problems from group members.

Tried again to re-add the Integration. Old API key failed…new API key worked. Could be coincidence of timing, but that worked for me.

Anyone written a group of rest sensors to scrape the observer web page?

1 Like

Down for me as well, I even tried new keys.

Same here since Saturday afternoon. Weather station tablet works fine, Ambient webpage works fine, API hangs waiting for a socket connect.

Same here. Mine stopped yesterday.

I removed and readded the integration with a new api key and it seems to have updated for short time and is now not updating again.

1 Like

I’m in the same boat. It stopped working yesterday and this morning it still wasn’t working so i removed the integration and readded with new keys. It started working but as of now it is down again. The readding and working again might have just been a coincidence.

1 Like

I’m in the same boat.

I just got a message from Ambient that they are doing maintenance on there system and it should be finished shortly. The time stamp was 1:56pm. ?

1 Like

Mine worked and then stopped. A local option would be great.

Since it wasn’t working anyway, I completely removed ambient_station from my configuration.yaml. It still loads and tries to start the web socket with the api_key I just generated, and again with the old api_key that was removed from configuration.yaml yesterday (tries to open 2 web sockets). Why does it do this? Where does it cache the old configuration?

Depending on which version on HA you’re running, Ambient might have been discovered and an integration setup automatically. I removed the yaml config several versions ago. Check Integrations under Configuration in the UI.