AMC Alarm integration

Hi,
I have amc alarm made by

https://www.amcelettronica.com/en/company

My control panel is wired alarm system. It can be connected to the amc cloud and control over mobile app. For communication with a cloud it use ssl protocol. There is no integration for this type of alarm system. In my experience this is very good alarm system with a lot of possibilities and it will be great if it can be integrated in home assistant.

Hello there (are you Italian too?), I have the same alarm system (model X824, but apparently they all use the same protocols) and I’d like to do the same. I’m a beginner when it comes to Home Assistant, though.
The manual states that it has RS485 (on screw terminals marked A and B), so maybe this can be a way to interface with it and emulate its keyboard to arm/disarm/activate functions and scenarios.
Also, it can use the ADEMCO/ContactID protocol over TCP, so getting it to talk to a CSV-IP server software may be a good way to go.
And last but not least it uses web sockets over SSL towards a URL that I could identify sniffing some traffic. Man-in-the-middle comes to my mind.
Did you make any progress on this?

No I didn’t, no in the way I wanted to to. I bought shelly uni and program alarm to turn on lights in living room after dark when pir sensors detect motion.
I tried to set up sia connection but I didn’t succeed. Connection between alarm and cloud is encrypted.
I remember that there was a guy on this forum that managed to connect to this alarm but he didn’t want to disclose any information on how he did it. This alarm is really great but community around this company is really awful. I installed that alarm by myself and I couldn’t get any information from their forum when I did that. I’m Croat.

Well, I hope the guy who did it will change his mind and give us some tips at least.
I will also look into SIA, thank you for the implicit suggestion!

Ok I have searched the forum and I saw you argue with another user over how he integrated his alarm system with an ESP8266. If that’s the case, I understand he has just used an input pin on the alarm panel and closed its contact using a remotely controlled relay… nothing fancy, and not the way I want to go honestly.
I have also noticed that the SIA protocol, which you couldn’t get to work is read-only… better than nothing, but still different from the total control I would like to obtain.
Let’s keep each other posted in case anything changes :slight_smile:

Did you managed to get data from alarm using SIA protocol?
I saw this video a few days ago hacking every device on local networks - bettercap tutorial (Linux) 2022 - YouTube
Didn’t try it because I don’t have time to play with alarm but maybe this could work.

I haven’t tried SIA yet, but I will.
And I’ll also have a look at the video when I have some time

I’ve managed to add it via SIA, but the outcome is not very useful…

So best way currently is to just add an esphome within the main box, and use the free inputs/outputs to remotize the functions that you need. I’m using GPIO of an RP.

I tried everything to get this thing work using sia protocol, but never managed to make it work. I’m using shelly uni for some pir sensors to get detection from it, but this is just some temporarily solution. Also tried to contact company that produce this alarm for help on integrating this alarm in home assistant, but got no replay from them.

I got an idea. It’s just and idea and will need probably a lot of digging.
But how about this?
Amc control panel support up to 4 keyboards. So maybe it will be possible to program esp development board for keyboard use, hook it to alarm panel keyboard connectors, connect it over wifi with ha and do with alarm everything you can do with a keyboard.
I’m not sure will this work, just an idea.

I was not getting notifications about replies on this thread! I’m definitely interested in knowing how Pat got it to work with SIA, so I can try on my own.
Anyway programming anything to emulate a keyboard (which is the path I’m willing to follow) will require an interface to talk RS485, as the keyboards use that protocol. I got myself one such interface pretty cheap on AliExpress, but had no time to give it a try, yet.
From there on, it should just be a matter of sniffing the sentences sent and received by the keyboard and use them for custom functions.

I check things out around aliexpress and will do some shopping. When it come I will test this out.
In a meantime I found out that you can use LD2410B board with pir sensor for occupancy detection.
I was a bit skeptical as board use 5v will it run if it is powered from pir sensor but I does.
I connected board to gnd and power clamps of a pir sensor, put it inside sensor and secure it with double side tape.
For now, and this is nearly a month, it is working.

I have bought this one:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EJpgblP
It’s pretty cheap, seems you have to remove the termination resistor first, before being able to sniff traffic from the AMC Alarm and the keyboard, using putty and a TTL-USB adapter, that you must connect in series. IIRC there’s also a second resistor you have to desolder for sending data, but I may be wrong on this one.
You may find ready to use direct usb to rs485 dongles, but I didn’t even search for one, as I already have several TTL-USB adapters to daisy chain.
I just need to find the time to try :stuck_out_tongue:

I was thinking about [this.](€ 12,14 30%OFF | Serial Port Server Module RS485 to Ethernet Network TCP/IP Converter UDP TCP Client Server Modbus Master Slave https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMaXbpe)
It does have etherent port and this is great for me as my alarm is connected to mesh wifi router.
It support mqtt. I don’t know will this work. It’s not that expensive but if it does than we all could integrated our alarm to ha and finaly say good bye to amc cloud.

I am afraid this one may work only for data exchange with the alarm, but first we need to know which messages get sent to and from it for the various functions. To do that, first we need to sniff the RS485 traffic

well panel does support up to four keyboards and only one is used so… :smiley:

Sure, but once you hook it up, which messages do you use to send commands?

I don’t know. I order sniffer you suggested. I will sew when it come.

Ok but you’ll also need a USB-TTL adapter, for example:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EuBjDHP
And some DuPont cables, or other random cables and willingness to do a little soldering

I have it.