Amcrest ASH21 connection timeout

Has anyone gotten the Amcrest ASH21 indoor PTZ camera working with HomeAssistant? I have two AD110 doorbell cameras, which work really well. The ASH21 works with the same Amcrest SmartHome app, but I can’t seem to get it to connect to HomeAssistant.

It’s connected using WiFi (not ethernet) and it has a static IP assigned to it. I’ve got it set up using the same connection settings as my AD110 cameras, which looks something like this:

amcrest:
  - host: 192.168.1.116
    name: "PTZCam"
    username: !secret amcrest_username
    password: !secret amcrest_password
    scan_interval: 1
    stream_source: rtsp
    binary_sensors:
      - motion_detected
    sensors:
      - sdcard

In the logs, it’s showing a CommError, but digging in it’s getting a connection timeout. I noticed these seem to be kind of weird, because in the app it only shows the hardwired connection’s MAC address, and it’s showing the wrong IP address (even though I can see it’s connected correctly via WiFi). Is it possible this would only work with HomeAssistant if using ethernet?

1 Like

I am having trouble getting it set up too. I don’t think you’ll be able to use the amcrest integration on this camera specifically since they disabled the http interface. You should be able to hook it up to a generic camera with RTSP via the instructions here: How To Setup a Camera In Blue Iris with RTSP Support (ASH21) – Amcrest

But I’m having trouble even getting that working. I think it’s just kind of a shitty camera sadly.

I’m also having the same problem where it is showing the wrong IP address in the app, I can see on my router it’s a different one.

just bought the camera today. setup was very similar to the doorbell 2K. for that i used the Dahua integration.
today, i tried the Dahua for this ASH21 and it refuses to work. anyone got it working?
user=admin
pass= MyCamPass
address= ip i see in the app.

I did it using a generic camera entity by using rtsp link format provided by amcrest

camera:
  - platform: generic
    stream_source: "rtsp://admin:[email protected]:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&authbasic=64"
    name: "LivingRoom"

Everything’s working as expected in HA but for some reason HomeKit won’t open the live stream. Never had any issues with other “normal” amcrest cameras that have http streaming capability.

My other amcrest cameras use the integration

- host: 192.168.30.6
    username: admin
    password: password
    binary_sensors:
      - motion_detected
    name: Kitchen
    stream_source: rtsp

Finally got it working, the trick was to manually configure the HomeKit accessory instead of doing it via UI

- name: Livingroomcam
    port: 21081
    mode: accessory
    filter:
      include_entities:
        - camera.livingroom
    entity_config:
      camera.livingroom:
        name: Living Room
        video_codec: copy
        support_audio: True
        stream_source: "-re -rtsp_transport tcp -i rtsp://admin:[email protected]:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&authbasic=64"
        max_fps: 30
        max_width: 1920
        max_height: 1080