Amcrest IP Camera Retrying due to ConnectTimeoutError - They Work, but how to stop error?

My HA instance log in .84.6 has several messages like those shown below for each of the cameras I have in my setup. The cameras and sensors appear to work, but I can’t figure out why my logs are filled with these timeout errors. Searched all over the forums and web, but have come up short on how to mitigate this issue.

Any ideas or suggestions to troubleshoot further?

Retrying (Retry(total=2, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by ‘ConnectTimeoutError(<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x7fa7ccff5c88>, ‘Connection to 10.0.0.184 timed out. (connect timeout=3.0)’)’: /cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=getConfig&name=RecordMode

And

Retrying (Retry(total=2, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by ‘NewConnectionError(’<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x7f4c3c92ee10>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 9] Bad file descriptor’,)': /cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi?channel=0