An ebusd add-on

My ebus instance fail to start, just displaying. Uninstalled, rebooted HA and reinsttaled and no change.

Is there anything in the log about progress in starting??

Hi, I’m trying to install the addon, but when starting it I always get

FATAL: No network or USB device defined. Configure a device and restart addon

error message. My ebus shield is running, I can access it through its web interface.
The config is

scanconfig: true
loglevel_all: info
mqtttopic: ebusd
mqttint: /etc/ebusd/mqtt-hassio.cfg
mqttjson: true
commandline_options: "-d=ens:192.168.0.142:9999"
http: true
readonly: true
latency: 10

Where shall I look for the solution?

Ok, I got an idea from my message and now it connects with this config:

scanconfig: true
loglevel_all: info
mqtttopic: ebusd
mqttint: /etc/ebusd/mqtt-hassio.cfg
mqttjson: true
network_device: 192.168.0.142:9999
mode: ens
http: true
readonly: true
latency: 10

After the addon install, there is no network_device and mode options visible. After adding them manually to yaml, they are visible on UI. Maybe it helps someone in the future

1 Like

If somebody has good or bad experience with Wolf FGB heaters, then would you share them? Thanks

Hi,

Exactly the same here. It restarts at similar intervals (kind of consistently). This is a screenshot of the uptime:

Before it used to be several days (usually until I installed some update to HA or restarted for other reason).

I have checked and both the addon and ebusd device are updated to latest versions.

Regards.

hi, sorry I have no idea where I should start looking. maybe @neeu2 or @losip has an idea of where to look or how to fix this?

Hello,
I install ebusd no error in the log, but I cannot have data, ebusd signal unknow and ebusd scan unknow.
All my boiller entities are unknow also.
What can I do?
There’s an upadate for ebusd don’t find how to do that.

1. I also observe problems starting ebusd addon. I have an automation to stop/start the addon before/after nigthly HA backup (done by Proxmox). So the addon starts, eventually but HA complains in the log.

2. Do you know how to get rid of this warning:

Entity sensor.ebusd_bai_prenergycounthwc1 [...] is using native unit of measurement 'None' which is not a valid unit for the device class ('energy') it is using; expected one of ['MJ', 'Wh', 'GJ', 'MWh', 'kWh'];

I’m sure this warning could be cleared by changing “mqtt-hassio.cfg” but have no idea how (this file scares me! :slight_smile: )

Hi,

I created a yaml package with your code replaced with my heatpump mqtt values but I can’t find this cimate entity in home assistant.
Config doesn’t give an error.