Android alarms as a sensor

Could you have the app read the alarms on your phone and add them as a sensor so you can have a scene trigger on/before your alarm?

You can do this with tasker or thereā€™s an app called hassalarm that does it as well.

Iā€™ve seen both of those solutions, but if Iā€™ve already installed one app to integrate with HA, Iā€™d prefer not to have to install others to accomplish what this one could fairly trivially.

I understand, I use Tasker for a lot of other things as well, so for me itā€™s not an additional app to install.

Thereā€™s already an open issue for this on github.

I can recommend tasker for this too.
Besides the alarm clock I use it for sms or call notification, so for me it isnā€™t an additional app either.

Didnā€™t see the other thread, so this one can be closed, but I donā€™t intend for any of HA to be exposed to the internet, so having to install another app on my phone and open HA to the internet is a hell of a lot extra vs having the app Iā€™ve already installed do this.

I actually submitted a PR for this today :slight_smile: just need to wait for it to be reviewed and merged. If you really want to test this feature now you can grab the debug APK from the github actions.

4 Likes

Seems to work like a charm. Now Iā€™ve gotta figure out how to integrate it haha

3 Likes

Yes indeed - it works great and I can see the sensor value in HA - but I canā€™t figure how to utilise that sensor value as a trigger for an automation

Broadcast to MQTT was able to do it. Unfortunatly, itā€™s no longer actively maintained.

But the sensor is included in the official app now, so Broadcast2MQTT isnā€™t needed anymore right?

Does anyone knows how to integrate the next alarm sensor in an automation? I tried this but it doesnā€™t trigger.

- id: "Sync-Smartphone-Alarm"
  alias: Sync-Smartphone-Alarm
  trigger:
    - platform: state
      entity_id: sensor.col_l29_next_alarm
  condition:
    - condition: template
      value_template: '{{ now().strftime("%Y-%m-%d %H:%M") == as_timestamp(states("sensor.col_l29_next_alarm")) | timestamp_custom("%Y-%m-%d %H:%M") }}'
  action:
    - service: light.turn_on
      data:
        entity_id: light.bett_right_led
        brightness: 100
        transition: 3600
        rgb_color: [255, 0, 0] 

Your condition should be the trigger.

1 Like

Thanks, i tried it but same result :confused:

trigger:
 - platform: template
   value_template: '{{ as_timestamp(states("sensor.col_l29_next_alarm")) | timestamp_custom("%Y-%m-%d %H:%M") }}'
# both don't work
 - platform: template
   value_template: '{{ now().strftime("%Y-%m-%d %H:%M") == as_timestamp(states("sensor.col_l29_next_alarm")) | timestamp_custom("%Y-%m-%d %H:%M") }}'

You need a time sensor for Home Assistant. Your current attempts do not work,because there is no entity that changes the state (your alarm clock sensor only changes when you set a new alarm), so the automation is never triggered. The time sensor updates every minute, so the template will then be evaulated every minute. Another approach is to trigger with a time patter (e.g. every 5 seconds) and check in the condition if the alarm clock time is equal to now.

1 Like