Android App Activates Card Button with Back Gesture

I have noticed that when I am on a card with button entities and I use the Android back gesture from the side of the screen, it activates the button. Anyone else get that? I assume this is a bug?

Android 11 Pixel 3

1 Like

I get it sometimes too, but I also get it in other apps occasionally so I think it’s actually a bug in android (although it does seem more prominent on certain homeassistant widgets in the app, like camera views).

I’ve accidentally archived quite a few emails whilst exiting the Gmail app for example. Really if android is detecting it as a back swipe (hence the back symbol appearing) it shouldn’t be passing the event through to the app beneath.

This is a daily occurrence for me lol

1 Like

Glad to know I’m not the only one! I’ll have to try and adjust the back gesture “area” in settings to see if that makes a difference

There is a bug with that issue:

because the issue exists in chrome for android that means its a frontend issue and not an app issue so you should check that an issue has been opened there.

1 Like

Thanks for the hint.

An issue is indeed raised against the front-end.

1 Like

Yes, I encounter this issue, as well. I do not experience the issue in other apps. I am now very careful about finger placement when backing out of the app. Prior to discovering the cause, I was chasing an issue with my furnace being turned off randomly and thankfully didn’t freeze the pipes or anything, but I’ve definitely come home to find the house in the 50s F and felt very bad for the roommate in the basement… It could be very bad if this unknowing happened while out of town.

I’ll go check out the linked issues.

Any news here? This is very frustrating. Try to explain this to my family… Impossible :sweat_smile: