Android app security popup 11.07.2023

Hello, last night 11.07.2023 I got a popup in my app that I am running “insecure version of the SW” or something similar. As I was falling asleep I didn’t clearly understood if the popup was for the android app or the server software. I dismissed the notification assuming the auto update will fix the issue till the morning.
So far I don’t see updates neither on the server side (I am already running 2023.7.1), nor on my phone. I can’t find any mention of new vulnerability on the web as well.

Was I dreaming or is there a new security issue? Nabu cassa have been really responsive with such disclosures so I am not very worried but it will be good to know if something needs to be done.

without seeing what the pop-up is its tough to say what you got. The last security warning the app had was back in 2021 to inform the user.

I know the description is not good but if I wasn’t so asleep I would have read it more carefully at first place :slight_smile:

I managed to catch the message the third time it popped up. It warns about recent vulnerability in custom components. I have a few HACS components but all of them are up to date and the link in the “view bulletin” is 404.

Weird for some reason the API didn’t respond with the correct core version then. That pop-up is only for a particular version back in 2021.