Android companion app persistent notification with sensors that updates

Hi everyone,

I have created an automation that displays on my phone notification bar a persistent notification of the remaining time of my Laundry machine.
The problem is that the timer doesn’t update automatically and remains on the value it got by home assistant when the automation was triggered (in my case 02:24).
Does anyone knows how to solve this or maybe its a feature that’s not yet available?
The persistent notification is in french sorry :slight_smile:

Here is the code of my automation

- id: Begin_washing_machine
  alias: Begin of lave linge
  trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: sensor.lave_linge_washer_job_state
    to: wash
  action:
  - service: notify.mobile_app_mobile_pro
    data_template:
      message: "Machine terminée dans {{ states('sensor.timer_washer_completion') }}"
      title: Machine à laver en cours
      data:
        tag: "persistent"
        persistent: true

Thanks in advance for your help !

you need to update the notification yourself, it wont auto update.

Just send the notification again on any interval you want once the notification is posted

1 Like

Did you ever find a solution? Sending the notification every time it updates creates a ton of notifications on my device. Any way to have it dismiss the old notification when a new one comes in?

use the replace feature so it updates the same notification and doesnt create a new one

1 Like

For anybody coming back to this later, the Android app now supports Chronometer notifications which include an automatic countdown timer to a time of your choice.

More details in the docs: Introduction | Home Assistant Companion Docs