Android Dash Board Browser with Motion Detection and MQTT

Just FYI to all I’ve been working with @BarryHampants to keep banging on the camera stuff. It’s got to be something subtle about hardware differences. So far I have indeed discovered different hardware reports camera capabilities differently. Feels close though

If anyone else has a device that isn’t working maybe you’d like to join that testing :slight_smile:

Otherwise the build has some layout changes and settings will be broken out a bit, there’s a camera page that will have a preview of what the camera sees. I’ll have the camera adjustments there. Hopefully we get back into new features land after 0.4 :slight_smile:

Looks like the bug has been found

On some devices if you do not specify a camera id when opening the camera, it doesn’t open a camera. This might be an issue more on single camera devices

0.4 coming soon with camera love for all :heart:

Hi,

For me on my Nexus 7 2012 (AOSP in 5.0), the motion detection doesn’t trigger :frowning:
But with motion detector from playstore with Tasker and THE amazing android dashboard app you could do the same, it works fine for me … if somebody is interessed in.

0.4 is up. I think its time to create a new release thread shortly :slight_smile: Enjoy!

1 Like

Give 0.4 a shot :slight_smile:

An existing package by the same name with a conflicting signature is already installed.

Slight hiccup thanks to muse duties, uninstall and reinstall has all working well in both Android 4.4.4 Cyanogen and 5.1.1 Dirty Unicorns on Nexus 2012.

Prevent screen from sleeping seems to be on by default in 4.4.4 but I may have bumped it - I’m going to wipe the tablet later today and I’ll double check. It definitely wasn’t on with 5.1.1

Upgrading from 0.2 to 0.4 on Android 5.1.1 failed but uninstall/reinstall did the trick.

Ok. Apparently I suck at upgrades. I don’t think keep screen on should be a default, but the wifi one now is

Just tried on clean install - it does seem to be on, however…

If I turn keep screen off and scroll down to mqtt settings then back up it goes back to on again. If I turn it off and back out of settings then go back in it sticks, but if I scroll within settings it reverts to on - only 4.4.4

Yeah thanks i’ll try it :wink:

I did notice a quirk in the emulator on only one configuration that I just presumed was the emulator being weird but looks like there’s something to it. Noted for looking into that…

“There is a difference between signed and unsigned APK files. Most likely you had an unsigned on there previously. You just need to delete the unsigned before you install the signed version. How this can be accomplished varies on the exact version, but in general, go on the emulator to settings-> application, long click your app, and delete/remove/uninstall it.”

Yah, I’d say its attributable to you messing around with debug builds with me… going to check that one off for now :slight_smile:

Sorry - I didn’t mean this was a problem. I had v.4 debug already installed and release version was v.4 too. (I think.) Same version more or less.

The v2 I already had installed was possibly the one from the original post as that tablet was android 5.1. (Soon to be downgraded now I have a working solution with KitKat.)

Similarly, settings is not a problem and current release is now my daily driver. All going great, just need to find some time to build dashboards.

Started up a thread in 0.4’s honor, also to try to get more people’s attention lol

I want to wake up my windows tablet screen when someone enter my room.

I think mqtt can handle this or something else, can you guys give me some ideas?

Does anyone know if the WallPanel project is still alive? It’s peaked my interest and now eant to look into putting a tablet on my wall :slight_smile:.

According to Github

This project is deprecated; try out this active fork: https://thanksmister.com/wallpanel-android/

Yep that’s the one I’m now using as the developer took over development.

I think that’s a slightly different product though.
WallPanel is just an interface to HomeAssistant WebUI with some nice features like wake screen/stream video etc.
The MQTT Alarm Panel is an extension to HomeAssistant/etc as it plays a very particular role.

Don’t know what’s better - this alarm panel or the one I’m currently using…

He now maintains both. Check out his github.

Yes, I know. Just wanted to clarify :wink: