Android IP Webcam as a camera plus sensors!

Okey, so i removed the
android_ip_webcam:
platform.
But the switches and sensors are still in the UI, how do i remove them?

I did add the android camera, but i cant get the motion sensor to work .

android_ip_webcam:

• host: 192.168.1.31
    name: TestCam
    scan_interval: 10
    sensors:
    • audio_connections
    • battery_level
    • battery_temp
    • battery_voltage
    • light
    • motion
    • pressure
      switches:
    • exposure_lock
    • ffc
    • focus
    • gps_active
    • night_vision
    • overlay
    • torch
    • whitebalance_lock
    • video_recording

Thats my config, Motion sensor is on in the app and working perfect. But in HA just says unknown, well all the sensors says unknown.

What am I doing wrong?

Sorry my bad, i did active sound and motion sensor, but not data collector.

Allright, the motion is strange tho. I get a number like “45”.

How do I get “motion” or “clear” ?

How did you get it to work ?

I did not, still shows numbers like “45”. But I have not looked into it any more

Track the sensor to determine the upper and lower limits.
Determine what threshold shows the amount of motion you want to be alerted to.
Create an input boolean based on that value as a template.
Use that as the trigger in an automation.
Automation notifies you via your preferred method as an action.
Profit!!!

1 Like

I receive since today this error

2017-08-11 20:31:06 ERROR (Thread-3) [homeassistant.components.switch.command_line] Command failed: curl “http://192.168.1.52:8080/status.json
2017-08-11 20:31:06 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.template] Error parsing value: ‘value_json’ is undefined (value: None, template: {{ value_json.curvals.torch == “on” }})

Hello guys, in low light the motion sensor gets very high level values even if there is no motion. Is it normal?

it’s configured like:

android_ip_webcam:

• name: ‘Living Room’
    username: ‘xxx’
    password: ‘yyy’
    host: 192.168.x.x
    scan_interval: 1
    sensors:
    • battery_voltage
    • light
    • motion
      switches:
    • exposure_lock
    • ffc
    • focus
    • gps_active
    • night_vision
    • overlay
    • torch
    • whitebalance_lock
    • video_recording

Can someone explain how the binary sensor works?
I have it working, but apparently in HA, the rest sensors are polling and the default interval is 30 seconds.
So, when I try to watch this binary sensor, it always takes at least 30 seconds of activity before the binary sensor changes to ‘1’, and unless there is a lot of motion, it turns back to ‘0’ after 30 secs.
I am trying to create an automation that starts recording immediately on motion, then stop when there has not been motion for 30 secs., but basically what I am getting is a bunch of 30 sec recordings that don’t start until 30 secs. after the original motion. Not ideal whatsoever.

I too am experiencing this :cry:

So is it the rest sensor? Any settings in IP Webcam that can counteract it?

You can change the ‘scan_interval’ in the ip_webcam configuration in HA, it is default to 10 sec., but by default HA only polls binary sensors every 30 seconds I believe. You can change that value as well, but that is for everything, so not really recommended to put it too low as it will affect performance.
What I did was install Tasker on the phone, and detect the motion through that, and then push to HA. This gave me about a 1-2 sec. delay on motion, better.

Hi. I got the webcam working and integrated into hass.io easily. I was just wondering if there is a way to turn off the camera when home with presence detection or only have it turn on motion detection when no one is home? I tried searching but could not find anything documented about this.

Would this be possible if I purchase the the full version of IP webcam and combine it with tasker?

Thanks.

Hi, Tim
Thanks a lot for your effort doing this work. This is something I shall definitely be looking at tonight as there seems to be much more available than I first saw when I set up my own android cam. I actually have this on my todo list as I am sure there is a hidden wealth of information available from the app (as you have discovered) :slight_smile:

John

1 Like

Be sure to check out the official component, Android IP Webcam, which was made as a result of my post and written/championed by @robbiet480.

Also, keep an eye on any old devices you repurpose for this, I had an old Droid Razr MAXX battery puff up like a roasting marshmallow because of constant activity. If I hadn’t noticed it might have exploded or something.

Thanks, Tim.
I use the official component but haden’t realised it was based on your post. In that case - double thanks.
I actually have an old camera connected to the back of my front door to keep an eye on who is steeling the cat food by coming in the cat flap at night.

My first phone stopped working but I assumed it was due to the extreme cld we had had (it is velcro’d to a steel door)

and the second phone is stopping working for some reason. I suppose it could be the constant wear but I will keep an eye on it. Thanks for the heads up :slight_smile:

I’ve just set up the component. While the video works all the sensors that I set up are displaying unavailable. Are there any specific settings I need to enable?

I can’t answer you at the minute as I’m shattered and now it’s sleep time for me. If nobody else has answered I’ll have a look and get back to you in about 4 hours :sleeping:

Goto the website and enable the sensors you want on.

@keithh666 I went to the IP address but don’t see any options to enable in terms of motion.