Android notification not working

I am despairing!
I’ve been trying to send a notification to an Android phone (Samsung) and Android tablet (Huawei) app for a few hours. Are there any settings that prevent individual devices from being notified?
With my iPhone it works perfectly and up to 1.1. it also worked on the android phone.

what issues are you running into? have you checked for error messages? hard to tell what yo have tried as there is not much to go by on this post.

2023-01-05 21:14:48.187 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.mobile_app.notify] Error sending notification to Home Assistant Mobile Apps ClientConnectorError(ConnectionKey(host=‘mobile-apps.home-assistant.io’, port=443, is_ssl=True, ssl=None, proxy=None, proxy_auth=None, proxy_headers_hash=-2465819024637046447), ConnectionRefusedError(111, “Connect call failed (’::’, 443, 0, 0)”))

Was actually searching for the error message :wink:

I don’t understand, because the app works fine?!

this means your HA instance is having a connection error to the firebase server

why is it working then for my iPhone?

are you sending it via local push to the iphone?

ahhh yep it was… when I deactivate the local push (Mobile Network and VPN Connection) it doesn’t work at the iPhone too…

How can I solve this issue?

probably something in your network is blocking it as its getting connection refused. The apps use firebase for messaging so thats what I would check. Some countries also block firebase but those are very extreme cases.

I don’t know firebase… I’m pretty new on this Home Assistant thing and I don’t have the deepest knowledge either

start with checking things that can be blocking HA from communicating to the outside world, someting on your network (or carrier) is blocking the URL in the error.

1 Like

Had the same problem, my PiHole was blocking “mobile-apps.home-assitant.io” which led to no notifications. Added it to the whitelist and it started working again.

1 Like

what in the world added that to the pi-hole block list? that doesn’t seem right at all.

I just opened an issue at the specific blocklist repository:
https://github.com/RPiList/specials/issues/886

Dude you saved me! I also have a Pi-Hole running and after I put the domain on the whithelist it works fine.

I was close to reinstalling the whole Home Assistant xD

1 Like

Since installing pihole my notifications also stopped working, mobile-apps.home-assitant.io wasn’t blocked for me, and even after whitelisting it and excluding my home assistant client no notifications are coming through. Nothing inside the Home assistant client gets blocked.

Nevermind, restarting home assistant fixed all my issues…

1 Like