Android notifications

Hey I thought I would I share a set up I got running. Probably nothing new, but I thought it was pretty neat and maybe someone could use it.

Setup -
Ariela Android App
MQTT
MQTT Sensor
Node-Red

In Ariela app in settings - sensors - notification grabber - turn on notifications (copy the template you see after hitting the three dots).

In HA configuration create a sensor based on the template the notification grabber gives you.
Here is what mine looks like.

- platform: mqtt
    name: "Derek Cell Notifications"
    state_topic: "homeassistant/sensor/android_galaxy_note10_notification_grabber/attributes"
    value_template: "{{ value_json.state }}"
    json_attributes_topic: "homeassistant/sensor/android_galaxy_note10_notification_grabber/attributes"

I then created an event state node for mqtt sensor

I then hooked up a debug mode with full output

This allows me to review the notifications as they are posted to the sensor and figure out the ID of the different notifications comming into the phone.

From there I create another event state node with the payload set to what I found by reading the debug node. For example, my Green Mountain Grill sends a notification to my phone through the app when the food temp has reached the correct temp with the subject “Food Alert!”. So set If State “is” to "Food Alert!. Must be Exact.

Next I pulled out a change node with the first line set to payload and the second line set to data.new_state.attributes.message (see below)

From here I can create a notification for pretty much anything I want for example I set up one that notifies my on the Shield TV and another that announces it through Alexa. Additionally I can have the lights flash or any other automation I want to set up.

This is my first contribution post. Hopefully, I made it clear and someone finds it helpful :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for your contribution. To make it easier for users to follow your instructions, please post larger, clearer screenshots. The current ones use uncomfortably small text (and cannot be magnified).

Ok will do! Hopefully that is better.