Android System Webview

I Have an Acer Iconia One 10 wall-mouted tablet. At a certain moment I had issues with the rendering of graphs both in Fully kiosk browser as with the companion app. After a lot of testing and debugging, it seems that when I install the latest version of Android System Webview it creates this issue.
Whe I uninstall the update, I fall back on the ‘original’ version of the tablet, which seems to be 70.0.3538.110, which is kinda old…
Anyone experiencing issues ? Which latest version of Webview is supported ?

Just installed the APK directly for version 88.0.4324.141, which is working perfectly.
Should I upgrade to a higher version ?

always keep webview fully up to date

Then it breaks both Fully as the companion app…

Are you sure it’s the correct apk? What’s the package name? WebView needs to be googles version

It is the Google version. Normally I just hit the upgrade in Google Play.
I just used the APK now to get an older version back.

what graphs are you having issues with? Android System Webview houses the APIs that HA frontend and the apps use so its a bit strange when you say its the same issue. Is it a custom card? Are you sure your device is actually using that version of webview or is it using Chrome? Every device is different in how it handles webview but I can tell you that older versions will cause issues in the future should HA decide to use a feature in a later version.

Already great thanks for your help.
Chrome isn’t installed on this tablet, so it’s not using this.
The card I use is the mini-graph-card, but also the new energy dashboard gives issues.
When I connect the device to the PC in developer mode, I also see there is a mediatek webview installed, not sure if I can just remove that (or if that gives an issue)…

yea non-standard webview, can you change it? Might be a setting you can change under developer settings on the device. You can try disabling it and see if it picks up the latest updated chrome. Android uses system webview or chrome but it also depends on the manufacturer. On Amazon tablets for example its not simple to change at all.