Android TV - allow network debugging prompt continuously pops up

My ShieldTV continuously shows this prompt, ticking remember this computer does nothing. What’s going on? I have the latest version of Home Assistant. I found a similar post from more than two years ago and which stated that this was fixed in version 0.114 - but version 0.114 of what?

See here: Android TV - allow network debugging prompt - #2 by JeffLIrion

This is clearly not fixed, unless I’m running something older than 0.114.

Any ideas?

I am getting this same prompt allowing and checking always allow does nothing. The only way I can get past it is to use the Nvidia Shield app and select the app on the shield I want to watch.

I actually had do uninstall the AndroidTV integration from HA to make this continuous prompt go away. Just for fun, I decided to install it again just now and I got two prompts which I accepted and ticked “alwas blabla” and it seems to work now. I’m pretty sure it will start popping up continuously the next time I start my Nvidia Shield. Will post here again if /when that happens.

There we go. Turned on my Shield now and I could not get past this prompt. Had to uninstall the AndroidTV integration from Home Assistant and restart the Shield. I cannot believe we’re the only ones having this issue?

I am having the same issue. I also had to uninstall the AndroidTV integration to make the undismissable prompt go away on my Shield. That makes me sad because I had it set up to automate my theater lighting based on the ShieldTV play state.

Has anyone figured this out yet. I’m still having this problem with the android TV integration

1 Like

I have the same issue.