Android TV Remote - looses pairing after HA restart

I have been using the Android TV remote integration since it was introduced and is really useful but…
It looses pairing after each restart of the Home assistant. The behavior is the same for HA installed as docker and HAOS

Any suggestion for setting I will need to change on the chromecast or HA to maintain the pairing?

Strange - am I the only one with the issue? I have tried all debugging steps I could find (disable ADB just in case, clear the cache of the remote control service, restart the device) nothing changed.

No , you are not the only one.

It has happened several times but I cannot confirm whether it is after a HA reboot, to me it seems random. Mine reads: ! Repair, Authentication Expired for [tv name] under Settings and Notifications (side bar), and Discovered / Reconfigure under Device & Services.

It is a TCL TV if that helps, but odd that it only happens on that one when there are three more TLC TVs of various sizes and models around the house.

I did come across this post which may be relevant to this issue: https://www.reddit.com/r/homeassistant/comments/10zsvim/samsung_tv_integration_loses_authorization_when/

Same issue here with a new TCL TV. Enabled developer options but I don’t see the usual options to NOT revoke authorization. I think this is a TCL firmware issue, where they just won’t allow persistent debugging/atv authorization.

Perhaps there is a way to edit these flags in Android? Outside of the developer options