Android webview

I would like to run my HA installation on a tablet using an Android Webview App. I’ve done this with a dashboard that I wrote myself in Python and it worked fine. All I’ve done now is change the URL that gets loaded in my Android app and re-installed it on my phone. I get the logo at the top and then just “initializing” underneath and it doesn’t go any further.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Andy

I guess the purpose is you want to run it in full screen? You can simply do that with Chrome as well. Just go “Add to Homescreen” and you will get a shortcut in your home. Starting the shortcut will run HA web interface in full screen.

1 Like

That is the purpose. The problem is that it’s on a Kindle Fire tablet and there is no option on the Silk browser to add it to the home screen. I’ve actually found something called Wallboard which is an app that seems to do the trick. Not sure if it’s on the Amazon App Store but I’ll side load it if not, or I might get round to loading Google Play

I know its an older post but why not just sideload chrome?

Theres also

Which works very well on kindle with the default lovelace. Unfortunately due to webview version on the Fire’s it doesnt work so well with some of the custom cards, which is why I tripped over this post and trying to find another way of doing it.

Have you found an solution? I also have an old android 5, without playstore, I did installed WebView APK, but still don’t get passed the initializing screen