Anenji hybrid 2kw setup for HA

Hello, I have recently bought an Anenji Hybrid 2kW 230v/12v solar inverter/charger and don’t want to use the app as this requires Wifi.
The unit has a RS232 port with serial->wifi adapter and also RS485 BMS.
Having found no information on this forum, does anyone know what equivalent setup I can use for integration with HA (or ESPHome) or information about the RS232 serial commands/data/etc?

check this

Thanks! Looks interesting. I’m not sure if I fully understand this solution. To me it seems to be a bridge between the inverter and home assistant. Via wifi. It sure is a step forwards but it still leaves me requiring a Wifi router (as HA / ESPhome needs the internet).

As a standalone solution I would appreciate it as I can incorporate (parts of) the code in my own esp32 4"display info pannel (using guiSlice).
If it runs fully on HA I would too.
And if it bridges I would like a wired connection to HA.

Other solutions before I dig into this code?

In topic Universal Solar Inverter over Modbus RS485 / TCP custom_component (Growatt, Sofar, SolaX, Solis) I found a tcp/modbus solution,
If my solar system is more or less equivalent (manual look very similar) then I could expect the rs232 port spitting out modbus like packages. (haven’t tried that yet)
In topic Smart meter integration via RS485-USB I learned that Homassitant itself (ie without esphome) should be able to read modbus packages.
If my device spits modbus data over rs232 (that normally connects to the wifi dongle) and I have some kind of modbus decoder like in the first thread, I thinkt it should be possible to read my solar without middleman like node-red or esphome.
As these topics are fairly old I assume somebody else might have tried and succeeded the direct (Solar-HA) solution. Have not found it yet. Any hints?