Animated HA icons (an some more), just for the fun of it

HI,

Thought id post some nice animated and still images based on the animated HA gif. Just for the fun of it

example:

homeassistant:
  customize:
    device_tracker.hassio:
      templates:
        entity_picture: >
          return '/local/homeassistant/ha_animated_' + state + '.gif';

and the tiles code:

input_text.tiles_arrive_leave:
  custom_ui_state_card: state-card-tiles
  config:
    columns: 4
    color: '#555B65'
    icon_size: 75px
    entities:
      - entity: script.opstart_direct
        style_template: >
          if (entities['input_select.arrive_leave'].state === 'Opstart') return 'background-size: contain; background-image: url(\"/local/homeassistant/ha_animated.gif\");background-color: #F0C209';
          return 'background-size: contain;background-image: url(\"/local/homeassistant/ha_animated_not_home.gif\")';

works in Tiles:
tiles
and in cards:

card

ha_animated_home ha_animated_not_home ha_offline_empty ha_empty home-assistant ha_offline

Have a great weekend!
thx,
Marius

5 Likes

While this is a nice solution, it really misses the mark for many. I want to accomplish a simple task — I have animated fan icons for low, medium and high and of course off. I would like to control the icon displayed and use the theme colors. Because of the way HA rewrote/decided to change the way icons are done, this is not possible (or at least without considerable thought).

Using entity-picture embed the SVG URL so you cannot control color. Using a custom icon solution and you can change the color, but you cannot embed an animation.