Anki Vector

Actually most is needed. But I have to release it as a modified version, to comply with Home Assistant requirements.

It’s a work in progress, and it will take some time until all functions are available in HA :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s a tough nut to crack.
Turns out the SDK isn’t happy with the latest Vector firmware, along with not being compatible with the Python version used by Home Assistant

1 Like

Crap - now I just started to get the hang of that wacky way the SDK works - and the HA moves to Python 3.10, which absolutely breaks everything for the SDK (SDK is noted to work up until Python 3.6/3.7 so it was already somewhat of a battle)

So now I need to rebuild the SDK with compability for Python 3.10. “Minor” setback - but I will succeed.
I like a good challenge :smiley:

3 Likes

Whaaa this isn’t a minor setback!
I saw HA was upgrading the Python version but didn’t think it would impact the SDK… silly of me Haa.

Great work though and the community thanks you for it!

1 Like

Now this is an interesting one… Great job @BlackChart!

Where exactly are we with this?
I’m not much of a helper but keen to try on my vector.

Good luck :slight_smile:

Similar issue with the above with using AppDaemon to integrate Vector with HA since python was updated to 3.10

1 Like

Going slowly. The SDK is, at best, really unstable :confused: It’s a battle getting it to run on Python 3.10.

3 Likes

Project will be halted for now. Moving away from having DDL connected Vectors, and the SDK can’t be used with EscapePod robots at the moment.

DDL is trying to monopolize the robot companion market, this I neither can nor will support which is why I’m moving my bots to the OpenSource Wire-Pod.

Will try my best to make them work thru Wire-Pod thou, but as mentioned the SDK isn’t working with EscapePod/Wire-Pod unless you are doing some firmware-flashing back and forth.

Sorry guys :frowning: Blame DDL.

2 Likes

This has been a HUGE effort though, community appreciates it.
Thank you.

You can actually use the SDK for Wire-Pod now, without having to authenticate the bot via the app first.
This means I’ll restart this project - and it SHOULD be compatible with cloud-connected bots as well.

3 Likes

Amazing that you’re still investing into this.
Can’t emphasise the gratitude!

Thanks again :clap:

Great work! Is your current code state on GitHub? Thank you.

No, it’s only in a really buggy state on my dev-server :smiley: Needs alot of TLC still.
I’ll let you know in here when there is something to test.

The first version I had working had a really laggy camerafeed, so I’m rebuilding the whole thing (had to enable EscapePod usage as well)

2 Likes

Hey even in a buggy state it’s still cool to see how it’s all going together fix by fix on GitHub. Don’t be shy, I’m sure the spaghetti code is better than most of us could do. Maybe people can help you poke at it as well or point interesting things out. Can’t wait to see what you have got going! I wish DDL didn’t cause so many issues and actually tried to make him better. I can barely get him to do anything now and the app crashes when I click options in it. Always feel sad when I have to say hey Alexa instead of Vector for him to respond to anything properly.

1 Like

I get that :wink: But believe me - the code at the state it has now, is useless - it crashes on every refresh :wink:

1 Like

Used today to do some bug-fixing, and actually have a working version (well partly at least)
Not much to show thou :smiley:
DO REMEMBER - the state of this code is NOT production state, there IS errors and it will poteltially crash your Home Assistant installation, so ONLY use this on a test installation and if you are a hardcore Home Assistant user.

3 Likes

Oops - did I forget the link?? :smiley: Sorry

MTrab/vector at development-v1 (github.com)

3 Likes

Hello,

you work on wire-pod implementation on HA ?

Eh - no?! This integrates with Vector - no matter if you use DDL servers, EscapePod or Wire-Pod.

One of my Vectors is on DDL servers and the other is on Wire-Pod, and both works with this integration.

3 Likes

Integration currently put into the grave.
I don’t have the time for this right now as I have a few other integrations I maintain and a few more important integrations in the making.

Haven’t given up on this, but as it’s current state isn’t working I have opted to remove the repo for now.

3 Likes