In fact:

Features

None

Fixes

• Fix a bug causing an apps terminate() to not be called
  • Fixed a bug in label and text_sensor widgets

Breaking Changes

None

Errr, sorry. Upgraded to 2.0.6 and appears to be the same issue :frowning: FWIW, cleared the cache.

Try forcing a recompile by appending ?recompile=1 to the URL

I’m having a hell of a time installing appdaemon. I get the following error:

pi@hassbian:~ $ sudo pip3 install appdaemon
Downloading/unpacking appdaemon
Cannot fetch index base URL https://pypi.python.org/simple/
Could not find any downloads that satisfy the requirement appdaemon
Cleaning up…
No distributions at all found for appdaemon
Storing debug log for failure in /root/.pip/pip.log

Anyone know what’s wrong?

Sorry, no joy in Mudville. I also tried deleting the conf/compiled directory and restart.

OK, tracked it down to the following. Looks like the label widget is the culprit. Including the header_label widget in the layout results in the error.

# --------------------------------------------------
# Main arguments, all optional

title: Main Panel
widget_dimensions: [122, 120]
widget_margins: [5, 5]
columns: 4

# Layout

layout:
    - clock(2x2), header_label(2x2)
#    - clock(2x2), spacer, spacer
    - empty: 1
    - reload

# Widget definitions...

header_label:
    widget_type: label
    text: Simple

clock:
    widget_type: clock

reload:
    widget_type: reload
    title: Reload

Running:

AppDaemon Version 2.0.6 starting

That’s strange, that is the exact error I thought I’d fixed! I’ll check the code I actually pushed has the fix later today when I can get to my desktop.

OK, the fix didn’t make it into 2.0.6, it is now in 2.0.7 - sorry about that!

Features

None

Fixes

• Fixed a bug in label and text_sensor widgets

Breaking Changes

None

This looks like an issue with the pip version you have:

That fixed things! Thanks!

1 Like

Also fixed it for me. Thank you.

Could you clarify one thing, please?

In order to run appdaemon in docker on a raspberry pi, I have to change the Dockerfile.
I found the description on how to do it in an older appdaemon thread iiirc, but it seems like the only thing that is currently necessary to build a compatible image is to

Replace 
	FROM python:3.4 
with 
	FROM resin/raspberry-pi2-python:3.6.1

Or another arm compatible python image that mathches your platform.
At least the Hello dashboard showed no errors in the logs and in the Chrome console.

Is this assumption correct?
And Is appdaemon compatible with python 3.6.1?

Thanks
Jochen

Yes, that’s pretty much it for PI,

I haven’t been able to test Python 3.6.1 (yet) - but have reports that it seems to be working OK, although I have come across a couple of minor errors that I have fixed.

Is there a way to change the toggle-area size?

I have some dashboards with some large tiles and the toggle-area comes in as width: 100%; height: 100px; If I manually change the height to 100%; using dev tools its perfect.

Doesn’t look like there is any way right now to override this other than fiddling with the source file.

That’s correct although I am always happy to look at better ways of doing things, if your solution works for large as well as small tiles I’d be happy to accept a Pull Request.

I appreciate your help! Unfortunately, this is what happens when I try to upgrade pip:

(homeassistant) pi@hassbian:/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant $ pip install -U pip

Requirement already up-to-date: pip in /srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages

The, when I try to install appdaemon, I get this:

Exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pip/basecommand.py”, line 215, in main
status = self.run(options, args)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pip/commands/install.py”, line 342, in run
prefix=options.prefix_path,
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pip/req/req_set.py”, line 784, in install
**kwargs
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pip/req/req_install.py”, line 851, in install
self.move_wheel_files(self.source_dir, root=root, prefix=prefix)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pip/req/req_install.py”, line 1064, in move_wheel_files
isolated=self.isolated,
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pip/wheel.py”, line 345, in move_wheel_files
clobber(source, lib_dir, True)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pip/wheel.py”, line 316, in clobber
ensure_dir(destdir)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pip/utils/init.py”, line 83, in ensure_dir
os.makedirs(path)
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/os.py”, line 237, in makedirs
mkdir(name, mode)
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: ‘/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/async’

Sudo fixes everything! :wink:

which directory and what user should I be logged in as in order to run “sudo pip3 install appdaemon?”

Probably how ever you did it before ^^ (an admin user). Directory should probably be your appdaemon directory, otherwise you need to add a path to your command.

disclaimer - sudo should be avoided if at all possible, but if you trust the software you’re installing it can help get around fixing permissions everywhere

PR added. 100% height for switch, 75% height for light (to leave room for +/-)

1 Like

Hi guys,

Tell me if I have missed it but is there any change about the remote access of hadashboard (nginx rev proxy), and the input_select handling (being read only)?

thx