Announcement: AppDaemon 2.0.4 & 2.0.5, 2.0.6, 2.0.7

A few minor fixes and additions - most important is AppDaemon now supports PyPi installation to make things a lot simpler! No more need to use git and pull repositories, just a simple pip command is all you need to install and upgrade :slight_smile:

So, if you are currently running appdaemon v1 or v2 (not the beta), all you should need to do is:

$ pip3 install appdaemon --upgrade

This should be run as the user you installed the original with, and you may need to use sudo depending on whether or not you did for the first install.

Features

• AppDaemon is now on PyPi - no more need to use git for installs
  • Allow time_zone directive in appdaemon.cfg to override hass supplied time zone
  • Add API calls to return info on schedule table and callbacks (get_scheduler_entries(), get_callback_entries())
  • Add get_tracker_details()
  • Add sub entity to sensor
  • Add hass_disconnected event and allow Apps to run while HASS is disconnected

Fixes

• Fix startup examples to match new -c semantics and add in docs
  • Fix Time Travel
  • Fix for crashes on HASS restart if apps weren’t in use - contributed by shprota
  • Attempted a fix for NaN showing for Nest & Ecobee thermostats when in auto mode

Breaking Changes

None

2 Likes

And a minor fix in 2.0.5:

Features

None

Fixes

• Change convert_utc() to use iso8601 library

Breaking Changes

None

Hey, maybe I’ll upgrade now. LOL

2 Likes

So if you never installed Appdeamon before, I assume that the correct syntax would be:

And this should be done before installing HADashboard? Then just follow the install for HADashboard from the post for it?

Follow the docs in the repository, linked from the docs page on the hass website. AppDaemon and HADashboard are all contained in the same package, so yes, do the pip install then it’s just configuration.

1 Like

So, how is this feature working already?

It’s for testing purposes, it is described in API.md

Oh dear. I thought it was a joke fixing a time issue. It’s awesome.

1 Like

Nope, it’s an actual feature :slight_smile: Although sadly, it isn’t real Time Travel, that may be in AppDaemon 3.x …

2 Likes

dont do it, it will grow the people around you very old very quick :wink:

1 Like

Well the trick is that it has to be invented so I can jump to the future to find out how to invent it …

jumping to the future isnt the problem. there is just no way back :wink:

… until AppDaemon v3!

2 Likes

then we must be in a different universe before v3 is there :wink:

1 Like

Just diving into setting up Appdaemon in order to venture towards Dashboards.
Seems like it went fairly well, but seems like I am getting a dependency warning, should I be concerned with this before moving forward?

appdaemon -c /home/homeassistant/appdaemon/conf
/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/requests/init.py:80: RequestsDependencyWarning: urllib3 (1.21.1) or chardet (2.3.0) doesn’t match a supported version!
RequestsDependencyWarning)
2017-07-18 22:19:36.274409 INFO AppDaemon Version 2.0.5 starting
2017-07-18 22:19:36.274915 INFO Configuration read from: /home/homeassistant/appdaemon/conf/appdaemon.yaml
2017-07-18 22:19:36.480548 INFO Got initial state
2017-07-18 22:19:36.481734 INFO Loading Module: /home/homeassistant/appdaemon/conf/apps/hello.py
2017-07-18 22:19:36.484143 INFO Loading Object hello_world using class HelloWorld from module hello
2017-07-18 22:19:36.623711 INFO hello_world: Hello from AppDaemon
2017-07-18 22:19:36.626871 INFO hello_world: You are now ready to run Apps!
2017-07-18 22:19:36.627705 INFO App initialization complete
2017-07-18 22:19:36.628513 INFO Dashboards are disabled
2017-07-18 22:19:36.639872 INFO Connected to Home Assistant 0.49.0

You need to update your requests module to to a later version to get rid of the error.

That did the trick … thank you for your help.

For others running into a similar issue, this is the command that I used to upgrade:

sudo pip3 install ‘requests>=2.6.0’

1 Like

Thanks for figuring that out and documenting it - I was on my phone last night and couldn;t give you a very detailed answer!

1 Like

I’ve run in to a problem with appdaemon 2.0.5. I get the following on the Javascript console whilst loading a dashboard:

jquery-3.1.1.min.js:2 Uncaught ReferenceError: Unable to process binding "text: function (){return state_text }"
    at text (eval at parseBindingsString (knockout-3.4.1.js:68), <anonymous>:3:57)
    at update (knockout-3.4.1.js:98)
    at function.a.B.i (knockout-3.4.1.js:72)
    at Function.Qc (knockout-3.4.1.js:51)
    at Function.Rc (knockout-3.4.1.js:51)
    at Function.aa (knockout-3.4.1.js:50)
    at Object.a.m.a.B (knockout-3.4.1.js:49)
    at knockout-3.4.1.js:72
    at Object.q (knockout-3.4.1.js:11)
    at m (knockout-3.4.1.js:71)

This is in Chrome, similar error in Firefox. I am pretty sure I haven’t changed any of my dashboard config since recently updating from repo install to PiPy install. I run appdaemon in a venv, so I also tried installing from a fresh venv dir, but alas same error. I’m running Python 3.5.3.

Any help appreciated.

Same here,
I just installed fresh from the latest git version because I created a docker container from it for the raspberry pi.
The base image is resin/raspberrypi-python:3.6.

When opening the example “Hello” dashboard, it does not load (only a black screen with a grey square). The chrome developer console shows the error above.