Announcement - AppDaemon 3.0 beta 1!

Just did some testing and reproduced the issue - I’ll work on a fix for 3.0 beta 2.

2 Likes

OK, I tracked it down - it’s now fixed in the dev branch and will be in 3.0beta2.

1 Like

@kylerw - this should be fixed now.

@ReneTode Here is a modified version of the appdaemon add-on for hassio.
Appdaemon5
I haven’t had chance to set up as a repo so you need to copy the appdaemonmatt folder to /addons
Once installed you need to change the version configuration option to 3.0.0b1
This will install the beta, it will reinstall on each restart.
You will need to manually fix the appdaemon config and apps.

@matt2005 How would i go about changing the version config option when installing your addon? and how to fix config and apps. I want to test the 3.0 beta but i’m currently running HA using Hass.io.

Hi Guys,

I’m running on Win 10 and Appdaemon installed fine :slight_smile:

However on running it after editing appdaemon.yaml …

log:
  accessfile: C:\Users\MyPc\AppData\Roaming\.homeassistant\conf\access.log
  errorfile: C:\Users\MyPc\AppData\Roaming\.homeassistant\conf\error.log
  logfile: C:\Users\MyPc\AppData\Roaming\.homeassistant\conf\appdaemon.log
  log_generations: 3
  log_size: 1024
appdaemon:
  logfile: STDOUT
  errorfile: STDERR
  threads: 10
  time_zone: <time zone>
  api_port: 5000
#  api_key: !secret api_key
#  api_ssl_certificate: <path/to/root/CA/cert>
#  api_ssl_key: <path/to/root/CA/key>
  plugins:
    HASS:
      type: hass
      ha_url: http://192.168.1.56:8123
      ha_key: xxxxxxxx
#      cert_path: <path/to/root/CA/cert>
#      cert_verify: True
      namespace: default
hadashboard:
  dash_url: http://192.168.1.254:6050
  dash_force_compile: 1      

I get the following error…

C:\Users\MyPc\AppData\Roaming\.homeassistant\conf>appdaemon -c C:\Users\MyPc\AppData\Roaming\.homeassistant\conf
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\users\mypc\appdata\local\programs\python\python36\lib\runpy.py", line 193, in _run_module_as_main
    "__main__", mod_spec)
  File "c:\users\mypc\appdata\local\programs\python\python36\lib\runpy.py", line 85, in _run_code
    exec(code, run_globals)
  File "C:\Users\MyPc\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\Scripts\appdaemon.exe\__main__.py", line 9, in <module>
  File "c:\users\mypc\appdata\local\programs\python\python36\lib\site-packages\appdaemon\admain.py", line 230, in main
    conf.logfile = config['AppDaemon'].get("logfile")
KeyError: 'AppDaemon'

Looks like you are running version 2.1.12, and using the instructions for the 3.0 beta - some things have changed. So, either use the “stable” branch in ReadTheDocs, or upgrade to 3.0 beta, by running:

$ pip3 install --upgrade --pre appdaemon

Thanks @aimc, will give it a try :slight_smile:

OK, it fails with a few permission errors but after 3 tries it installs successfully :slight_smile:

after upgrading to python 3.6.4 i cannot uninstall previous version of appdaemon… should i just remove the exceutable? I have a service script which starts appdaemon on boot

It’s probably installed in the old 3.5 site packages - yo can safely ignore it or delete it if you want.

exactly :slight_smile: ok… but imight have to adapt the appdaemon.service right?

I wouldn’t think so, the new AD will install in the same way and have a link to run it in the same place, probably either /usr/local/bin. If you are using a virtual environment you will have to change it to match the bin in the venv if it is different.

i don’t use appdaemon in venv :slight_smile: so i will see. hopefully it will work… need to setup the cam again and wanna try some apps
dashboard need refactoring complete :slight_smile: so i will start from zero

After a few hours I get a crash with the following error…

C:\WINDOWS\system32>appdaemon -c C:\Users\MyPc\AppData\Roaming\.homeassistant\conf
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\users\mypc\appdata\local\programs\python\python36\lib\runpy.py", line 193, in _run_module_as_main
    "__main__", mod_spec)
  File "c:\users\mypc\appdata\local\programs\python\python36\lib\runpy.py", line 85, in _run_code
    exec(code, run_globals)
  File "C:\Users\MyPc\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\Scripts\appdaemon.exe\__main__.py", line 9, in <module>
  File "c:\users\mypc\appdata\local\programs\python\python36\lib\site-packages\appdaemon\admain.py", line 335, in main
    admain.main()
  File "c:\users\mypc\appdata\local\programs\python\python36\lib\site-packages\appdaemon\admain.py", line 331, in main
    self.run(appdaemon, hadashboard)
  File "c:\users\mypc\appdata\local\programs\python\python36\lib\site-packages\appdaemon\admain.py", line 78, in run
    loop.run_until_complete(asyncio.gather(*pending))
  File "c:\users\mypc\appdata\local\programs\python\python36\lib\asyncio\base_events.py", line 467, in run_until_complete
    return future.result()
  File "c:\users\mypc\appdata\local\programs\python\python36\lib\site-packages\appdaemon\rundash.py", line 267, in update_rss
    self.ws_update("default", data)
  File "c:\users\mypc\appdata\local\programs\python\python36\lib\site-packages\appdaemon\rundash.py", line 371, in ws_update
    data = json.dumps(jdata)
  File "c:\users\mypc\appdata\local\programs\python\python36\lib\json\__init__.py", line 231, in dumps
    return _default_encoder.encode(obj)
  File "c:\users\mypc\appdata\local\programs\python\python36\lib\json\encoder.py", line 199, in encode
    chunks = self.iterencode(o, _one_shot=True)
  File "c:\users\mypc\appdata\local\programs\python\python36\lib\json\encoder.py", line 257, in iterencode
    return _iterencode(o, 0)
  File "c:\users\mypc\appdata\local\programs\python\python36\lib\json\encoder.py", line 180, in default
    o.__class__.__name__)
TypeError: Object of type 'URLError' is not JSON serializable

Nothing is reported in the 3 log files.

log:
  accessfile: /export/hass/appdaemon_test/logs/access.log
  errorfile: /export/hass/appdaemon_test/logs/error.log
  logfile: /export/hass/appdaemon_test/logs/appdaemon.log
  log_generations: 3
  log_size: 1024
appdaemon:
  logfile: STDOUT
  errorfile: STDERR
  threads: 10
  time_zone: <time zone>
  api_port: 5000
  api_key: !secret api_key
  api_ssl_certificate: <path/to/root/CA/cert>
  api_ssl_key: <path/to/root/CA/key>
  plugins:
    HASS:
      type: hass
      ha_url: <some_url>
      ha_key: <some key>
      cert_path: <path/to/root/CA/cert>
      cert_verify: True
      namespace: default

This config does NOT work . How is it supposed to be please . I use this link for docs: http://appdaemon.readthedocs.io/en/latest/INSTALL.html

depends on how you installed appdaemon.

Giving us the error might help, including the piece with the version number of AppDaemon.

I’m actually at work… will post later :slight_smile: i have AppDaemon 3 beta installed

I installed via PIP3 install --upgrade --pre appdaemon

Locking this thread since beta 2 is now out: