Announcement: AppDaemon 3.0 beta 2

You could try:

self.errorfile = self.get_error_log().handlers[0].baseFilename

input_slider widget in hadashboard (v3) I think is buggy. WHen I click on the + or - sign (to increase/decrease the volume) it is erratic (volume start to change erratically, sometimes without stoping)

It depends on what you are changing the level of - sometimes the roundtrip takes longer than your clicks and the confirmation that you have reached a certain level may come when you are at a different level making it seem to jump. Try waiting after each click until you see it change and it should stop being unpredictable. The newer input number widget has better behavior as it doesn’t send the change until after you finish sliding.

1 Like

Maybe I did not explain myself.

I had appdaemonv2, with custom_widgets (those from rene, including new_input_slider)

Then I upgraded to appdaemonv3, I did NOT remove custom_widgets

Below is an example of hadashboard with input_slider (marantz) and new_input_slider (yamaha)

Cattura

EDIT I experience the same also with new_input_slider , then must be something else

input_number or input_slider?

What was Rene’s custom new_input_slider is now officially in the product as input_number. What was input_number was renamed to input_slider to accommodate this while keeping the old widget around for anyone that liked it better.

looks a slider to me. IMO the name should be the opposite (slider if it shows a slider, number if it shows a number)

It’s named after the homeassistant entities it works with which was another reason for the change.

Other thing, this is not working, if I understood correctly what it is, in the sense the step shopuld be that the volume increases/decrease by 5? 10-15-20-25 and so on?

If so, it does not

marantz_volume:
  widget_type: input_slider
  step: 5
  entity: input_number.marantz_volume
  title: Marantz
  title2: Volume

Step is not supported for input_slider

Not sure if it’s just me, but it seems the reloading on save is out of order? ( sorry best way I can describe it )

If i modify the apps.yaml and save, the object reload is pulling the old data (self.args) instead of the new data.

For example, I use

time = self.parse_time(self.args["run_time"])
self.log('Time to trigger - argument : {}.format(time))

self.run_daily(self.send_notification, time)

If in my apps.yaml I change

run_time: "05:30:00" To run_time: "06:00:00" and save, the self.log output shows it’s still using the old run_time of “05:30:00”

I need to either resave the module or restart appdaemon after editing the apps.yaml in order for apps.yaml arguments to be loaded with current information.

yeah, i noticed it to and mentioned it to Andrew

1 Like

I’m taking a detailed look at this area soon - I’ve made some piecemeal changes over the releases and it’s time for me to rework it. I’ll also be making dependencies work at the app level instead of the module level.

2 Likes

in HAdashboard the
icon_on: mdi-door-open
icon_off: mdi-door-closed

is not recognised (no icon is chosen). This happens with some other icon as well. Not sure where the problem lays

These for exampe works well
icon_on: mdi-window-open
icon_off: mdi-window-closed

MDI adds new icons once in a while.
some new icons then are not recognized untill there is a new update in appdaemon.

Ok thanks, will wait update for putting the door icon

The next beta has the latest MDI icons.

I thought i can fix this issue from the beta 1 topic with a own skin.
Copied the default dashboard.css and variales.yaml to custom_css/skinname and started to play, but with no luck.
All i found that affects the sensor value was:

.widget {
  vertical-align: middle;
}

but it seems that only accepts top, middle or bottom.
Any hints on this?
Thanks in advance!

use the variables.yaml and just change where there is a problem. in this case the sensor variables.
i think you want to change the top from the container like top: 42px

1 Like

Thanks very much @ReneTode.
sensor_container_style: "margin-top: 30px" does what i want.

1 Like