Announcement: AppDaemon 4.2.3

Two releases in two days!

Well when we released 4.2.2 we uncovered a problem in the CI pipeline for Docker. For some reason, our ARM based builds are failing,. While we work on that, I wanted to at least get the intel based Docker build out there, so here it is.

Apologies for anyone using ARM - you can still build it yourself, there is no problem with the actual docker file, its just the pipeline.

I would also be interested in feedback from anyone that uses the ARM image to understand if we need to keep including it in the builds, so let me know in the comments if you have been using this.

4.2.3 (2023-02-27)

Features

Fixes

• Revert docker changes and remove arm images from CI due to memory exhaustion issues

Breaking Changes

None

Please note that due to the efforts of Carlo Mien, multi-arch docker builds have been restored. Dev build is up there now and moving forwards all releases will have a full build.

1 Like

Thanks Andrew, I just love AppDaemon - it’s really made some of my system/automations management a lot easier and massively reduces unnecessary duplicated code.

I do have one question I would like to clear up. I wanted to know if the AppDaemon addon makes sure that the latest version of AppDaemon is always up-to-date?

I am asking because I have Automatic updates off, and in spite of the recent releases, have not been prompted to update AppDaemon in the last few days (I would have expected to see an update available)

Unfortunately the add-on is not managed directly by the AppDaemon developers, so they have no input in how and when it gets updated.
You can find here the Github repository hosting the add-on, maybe you could ask there for an update.

1 Like

Thanks Carlo

Looks like they bumped the version shortly after I asked :slight_smile:

Which installation method for HA can be used when using Appdaemon? Can I use the “Home Assistant Operating System” approach?

I previously used “Home Assistant Core” but there’s more work it seems. Was just trying to upgrade and hitting out of date SQLite issues. Thinking of reinstalling HA completely with “ Home Assistant Operating System” approach, and then install AppDaemon?

If I do this which AppDaemon is best? Or just use any. I could stick with pip probably? Unless there is some advantage to using the HA plug in?