Announcement - HADashboard v2 Beta 2!

I’m at work so I can’t see all the icons, but here is the basics of what it looks like. I didn’t really need the gradient from simplyred, just the hover functionality. So I commented out the gradient lines and it works like I want it.

I’ll play around some with the icons. I make the people cars but that might get confusing with the covers.

2 Likes

New request : Be able to have an iframe that also serves as a navigation tool.

I use an iframe to display my weather map. I would like to be able to click on it and have it take me to my current local forecast at weather underground or the local news, etc.

Thanks. Now how could I remove the transition of the gray haze that goes half way down on some of the items? Like the Radar Status one.

On the list :slight_smile:

Just out of curiosity how many pages long is the list now?? LOL

Well I keep wrestling stuff off the list but it only seems to get longer :sweat:

1 Like

You can remove the .widget:after style in the dashboard.css but be advised this will remove the ‘sheen’ and texture from ALL of the widgets. You end up with flat black widgets. I haven’t figured out a way to override this on a per widget basis yet.

Darn. I was playing around with getting my cameras on another page. They don’t look so good with the sheen on them. lol

Here is my latest. But now I have a questions.

I’m getting into a theme with my dashboards. The only things that are different are the background, item colors and maybe a few icons (mostly the things in the variable.yaml file.

Can the variables be used in the dashboard.css file ? (colors specifically)
Then the next thing I want to do is take the main part of the css and move it up a level so that all of my dashboards include it and the only thing in my custom_css are the things really specific to that skin. Does that make sense?

Awesome Styling! Respect! Nice Nice U might want to share your code? I know it is hours of work but if we share a bit our bits. eberybody can learn and save tjime :slight_smile:

I will. Still working on tweaking it. I like thing to be perfect. lol

hey fellas. i have a question / issue. I send pics to my webserver directory of hass and use iframe. Refresh rate 1s but if i change the pic (by app same url) it wont be updated. i must do a reload

I asked a similar question back in the beta 1 thread. Announcement: HADashboard v2 Beta!

Been trying again to get this working in docker. Started with a clean install and built the image. Same config as before but now when I run the docker image I am getting an error - this was working fine before…

Any suggestions?

2017-03-20 22:24:22.275227 WARNING ------------------------------------------------------------
2017-03-20 22:24:22.275397 WARNING Unexpected error in dashboard thread
2017-03-20 22:24:22.275571 WARNING ------------------------------------------------------------
2017-03-20 22:24:22.277016 INFO Connected to Home Assistant 0.40.0
2017-03-20 22:24:22.277444 WARNING Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.4/site-packages/appdaemon/appdash.py”, line 241, in run_dash
handler = app.make_handler()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.4/site-packages/aiohttp/web.py”, line 224, in make_handler
self._set_loop(loop)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.4/site-packages/aiohttp/web.py”, line 110, in _set_loop
loop = asyncio.get_event_loop()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.4/asyncio/events.py”, line 626, in get_event_loop
return get_event_loop_policy().get_event_loop()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.4/asyncio/events.py”, line 572, in get_event_loop
% threading.current_thread().name)
RuntimeError: There is no current event loop in thread ‘Thread-12’.
2017-03-20 22:24:22.277557 WARNING ------------------------------------------------------------

ill probably never get it ready, and i need to rearrange a few more times, but its getting close to what i want.

this is 1 of my tablet versions.

edit: WARNING TO ALL: PLEASE DONT TRY THIS AT HOME :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

That’s a new one - can you post your config please?

Love what you are doing here Rene, grouping widgets together. I know its a little complex with the beta, but I will be loooking for ways to make this easier, its a really cool look! Thanks again to you and Rob. This is the kind of creativity that makes me stretch what we can do :slight_smile:

1 Like

its not a little complex but its about to make me crazy :wink:
but thats my problem, because i will Always find the edges :wink:

i hope in the future just to be able to set coordinates at widgetlevel.

i made it myself difficult to use the spacers like “spacer(120x1)” instead of chosing the same Heights as the widgets beside it. in that case you get empty space and it starts to get more complex then needed

without the many hours of work from you i couldnt do half of what i am doing, and you keep me on the edge and you keep me learning every day more.

so the thanks go back to you also.

1 Like

couldnt resist to go on with it.
i let the pieces on their place for now, but making it look nicer was more easy now i get to know css more and more.

1 Like

I need this code!!! THAT IS AWESOME!!! :WOWOWOWOWOWOW°!°!°!!°!!"

1 Like