Announcement - HADashboard v2 Beta 2!

Thankyou for your patience and feedback. Today I would like to present you with Beta 2 :slight_smile:

For new users, the installation instructions remain the same as in the original thread.

If you have already installed HADashboard, to grab the new version just run:

$ git pull origin

from your repository root, e.g. <base_path>/appdaemon_dashboard/appdaemon if you followed the original install.

If you are running directly from the repository as per the instructions, a simple restart should be all that is needed. If you ran the full install you will need to do the following:

$ sudo pip3 uninstall appdaemon
$ sudo pip3 install .

(note the period at the end)

If you are using docker, rerun the steps to create a new docker image.

It has a lot of goodies in it - check the list out:

2.0.0beta2

Features

• Widget level styles now correctly override just the styles they are replacing in the skin, not the whole style
  • Device tracker toggling of state is optional and defaults to off
  • Add climate widget
  • Add script widget
  • Add lock widget
  • Add cover widget
  • Added optional monitored_state argument to group to pick a representative entity to track dimming instead of guessing
  • Introduce new widget definition model in preparation for custom widgets
  • Rewrite several widgets using the new model
  • Add state map and state text functions to sensor, scene, binary_sensor, switch, device_tracker, script, lock, cover, input_boolean
  • Allow dashboard accesses to be logged in a separate file
  • Flag to force recompilation after startup
  • Additional error checks in many places
  • Dashboard determines the stream URL dynamically rather than by having it hard coded
  • Add IFRAME widget
  • Sensor widget now automatically detects units
  • Sensor widget has separate styles for text and numeric
  • Style fixes
  • Active Map for device trackers

Fixes

• Various minor skin fixes

Breaking Changes

• Widget level styles that relied on overriding the whole skin style may no longer work as expected
  • Device trackers must now be explicitly configured to allow the user to toggle state, by setting the enable parameter
  • Groups of lights must have the monitored_entity argument to work properly if they contain any dimmable lights
  • text_sensor is deprecated and will be removed at some stage. It is now an alias for sensor

Spin it up and give it a try!

4 Likes

Any changes from the final pull I did yesterday?

No, you are up to date.

1 Like

I can’t seem to duplicate @turboc problem with the missing units. I set mine up the same (with an existing entity of course) but I’m still seeing the units. Unless he changed something in variables.yaml for the input sliders?

I’m not sure I understand this new one; we didn’t really talk about it.

It was a request from @turboc - it lets you regard more than one state as “active”:

–

• active_map

Active map is used to specify states other than “home” that will be regarded as active, meaning the icon will light up. This can be useful if tracking a device tracker within the house using beacons for instance.

Example:

wendy_presence_mapped:
  widget_type: device_tracker
  title: Wendy
  title2: Mapped
  device: wendys_iphone
  active_map:
    - home
    - house
    - back_yard
    - upstairs
2 Likes

Any chance you could throw in an overflow: hidden tag in the .img-frame class? Since the scrollbars are rendered useless anyway it would be nice to not see them.

Yep, I’ll add that in the next dev version.

1 Like

Just realized I forgot your 2 last minute skin changes, I added them into the beta.

If I use img_list the images seems to resize automatically - I don;t get scroll bars. For url_list I do get scrollbars but they don;t work - they used to so I broke something. I think it is useful having scrollbars that work so I’ll fix it :slight_smile:

I wasn’t even going to mention it but thanks. Personal opinion; do you like that goldish color better or should I have just stuck with the standard yellow?

If I could make them disappear entirely via a dash level override, I’d be very, very happy. That’s serving my front house cams and without the scroll bar for the vertical it would be a great stand in until there’s a camera widget.

I prefer the darker color :slight_smile:

Are you using url_list or img_list? Just wan to make sure I understand the behavior, but sure I can add an override :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks - it was really bugging me.

url_list - it works great for my cams! I don’t think you need to do it for img_list as the resizers work great.

I’m getting the following error in my java console.

jQuery.Deferred exception: WidgetBase is not defined ReferenceError: WidgetBase is not defined
    at new display (http://192.168.2.26:5050/compiled_javascript/application.js:202:5)
    at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (http://192.168.2.26:5050/compiled_javascript/default/den_init.js:89:36)
    at j (http://192.168.2.26:5050/javascript/jquery-3.1.1.min.js:2:29948)
    at k (http://192.168.2.26:5050/javascript/jquery-3.1.1.min.js:2:30262) undefined

The result is that even though the grid shows up, and there are not any errors in the error log or stdout, the widgets don’t show up.

@aimc thanks for adding the “state_text” boolean and also the script and cover widgets!! I can turn HAdashboard v1 off now!

Is the reload widget icon color hardcoded to “green” somewhere and possibly the:

reload_icon_active_style: "color: $white"
reload_icon_inactive_style: "color: $white"

not being used?

Thanks for all your hard work, this is amazing!

I mentioned this in tests and I think it’s being pushed shortly.

Yes do another pull, it is fixed.

Perfect, working now! Do you ever sleep?

Can you post the den_init.js script please?