Announcement - HADashboard v2 Beta 2!

did you restart appdaemon after adding the dash_force_compile = 1? I had the exact same problem a few days ago and the force was the fix.

You need to add dash_force_compile = 1 to your config file which will turn off the conditional compilation. Donā€™t forget to remove it when you are done!

Glad you like the frameless iframe - its still a WIP. Needless to say, if you venture onto the dev branch there are no guarantees. I often break stuff but push a version for Rob & Rene to look at with specific instructions and disclaimers on what to look at and what to avoid ā€¦

1 Like

Ok, so after a restart with dash_force_compile = 1 it does work on every refresh.

Iā€™m not sure how iā€™d ever be able remove the parameter though since without it being on the includes only work on the first refresh on my custom skin and are dropped after. Is that the intended behavior?

Any changes to the skin should trigger a recompile, Changes to included files will not because I have no way of knowing. The way the include is implemented allows you to put in any code you want - which means I have no way to track whether or not you have included other files.

What is in your included files that changes all the time?

If you are saying that you are only making changes to variables.yaml and dashboard.css but they are not being recompiled then that is a bug.

The issue is the script tags I have specified will only be included in the dashboard the first time itā€™s accessed after a compile.

Easiest way to duplicate is:

• Make custom skin with 2 head_include items (May not need 2, but thatā€™s how mine is setup)
  • Access dash with custom skin (Check dev console and includes are present)
  • Refresh the dash in the browser without making any other changes (Check dev console, includes are not present.)

OK, iā€™ll try this and see what I get - thanks.

Just to add - I think you can get all of this to work more smoothly if you use NGINX to proxy the connection for you. You can keep HADash as is, just non SSL, NGINX will proxy the connection and also allow you to set a password. I will try this at some point - For now it is probably the best solution to your requirement.

This is the same issue I was having a few days ago without the compile = 1. Just figured I would leave that setting on forever as without it any js after reload/refresh doesnā€™t run.

@turboc I currently use nginx to reverse proxy hadashboard v2, and did with v1 as well. I have basic auth enabled in nginx and use https on the nginx side so my dashboard connection is protected.

Yes, it looks like there may be a bug in there, Iā€™ll see what I can find. For now forcing the compilation should keep people moving.

Here ya go.

weather:
    widget_type: iframe
    title: Radar
    refresh: 10
    frame_style: ""
    img_list:
      - https://radblast.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/radar/WUNIDS_map?station=MEM&brand=wui&num=1&delay=15&type=TR0&frame=0&scale=0.3630434782608696&noclutter=0&showstorms=0&mapx=400&mapy=240&centerx=327.0059880239521&centery=401.1377245508982&transx=-72.99401197604789&transy=161.1377245508982&showlabels=1&severe=0&rainsnow=0&lightning=0&smooth=0&rand=24674055&lat=0&lon=0&label=you

Ok,
I understand :sob: :sob: :sob: :wink: :slight_smile:

I am not familiar with nginx. Can you tell me more about it? When I looked at their web page, there appear to be several products. When it comes to internet security consider me a noob.

Itā€™s basically a proxy server. It can sit in front of other products like HASS or HADashboard and proxy the connection, e.g. pass it through. The useful part is that it can do all of the SSL, then communicate with non-SSL things like HADashboard meaning you don;t need to setup SSL for them. It can also handle authentication. It will happily use your letsencrypt cert, and you can rever to running HASS and HADashboard securely just internally using http.I set it up a few months ago and it solves a huge number of problems.

Ok, so which product do I get, the webserver, firewall,???

Unfortunately Iā€™m not an expert on nginx, I basically applied the same information that I used to reverse proxy HA to do the same with HADashboard. Here is a page that I referred to in the past (may be outdated now, not sure). Setting up nginx can be a bit cumbersome and I believe there is a bunch of info in the HA forums. Even though cumbersome, once running its great!

https://home-assistant.io/docs/ecosystem/nginx/

Ok, it looks like this is definitely something I need to do from home, not remote. :slight_smile:

The other problem is that my router doesnā€™t support ddns. AT&T to the rescue again :frowning:

Hmm, Iā€™m going to have to take another look at this as it looks like the same thing I was using but mine either got clipped or when I tried to run it with the google resizer, it wouldnā€™t work at all. Youā€™re just going straight but somehow your radar looks properly sized in a 2x2 widget.

Donā€™t know, it just came up that way. Itā€™s an iframe of course. So isnā€™t that what itā€™s supposed to do