Announcement: HADashboard v2 Beta!

Hmmm… As soon as I include a second line into the dashboard then the whole dashboard doesn’t display anymore. Does anyone have a clue on how to preven that?

Working home.dash:
> title: Hello Panel
> widget_dimensions: [120, 120]
> widget_margins: [5, 5]
> columns: 8
> layout:
> - light.keuken, light.gang_boven

Not working home.dash

title: Hello Panel
widget_dimensions: [120, 120]
widget_margins: [5, 5]
columns: 8
layout:
- light.keuken
- light.gang_boven

Are you seeing any error in the log? The indentation doesn’t look correct to me so you are probably gettin a yaml error.

Actuclly, courtesy of @rpitera the simplyred skin already does that :slight_smile: It’s one of the reason he asked me for the custom includes feature.

1 Like

Ah, cheers - didn’t know :slight_smile:

Even more options, the Beta that just keeps giving!

2 Likes

I know indentation looks a bit off, but that is due to copy-pasting into the webbrowser. In essence it is correct.
Errorlog is empty. Activity log is:
2017-03-07 14:32:00.761404 INFO AppDaemon Version 2.0.0beta1 starting
2017-03-07 14:32:05.817668 WARNING ‘elevation’ directive is deprecated, please remove
2017-03-07 14:32:05.818933 WARNING ‘latitude’ directive is deprecated, please remove
2017-03-07 14:32:05.820203 WARNING ‘longitude’ directive is deprecated, please remove
2017-03-07 14:32:05.820934 WARNING ‘time_zone’ directive is deprecated, please remove
2017-03-07 14:32:06.140909 INFO Got initial state
2017-03-07 14:32:06.143548 INFO Loading Module: /home/pi/appdaemon_dashboard/appdaemon/conf/apps/hello.py
2017-03-07 14:32:06.146872 INFO Loading Object hello_world using class HelloWorld from module hello
2017-03-07 14:32:06.384865 INFO hello_world: Hello from AppDaemon
2017-03-07 14:32:06.391339 INFO hello_world: You are now ready to run Apps!
2017-03-07 14:32:06.392277 INFO App initialization complete
2017-03-07 14:32:06.393892 INFO Starting dashboard
2017-03-07 14:32:06.425815 INFO Connected to Home Assistant 0.39.3
2017-03-07 14:32:06.428490 INFO Listening on (‘192.168.1.5’, 5050)
2017-03-07 14:32:06.545746 INFO function [compile_dash] finished in 8 ms
2017-03-07 14:32:07.238047 INFO New dashboard connected: HADashboard

The body of the dashboard file (after rendering) is:

<div class="dasboard-main" id="container">
        <div class="gridster">
  	<ul>
  	</ul>
        </div>
        </div>

I figured it out… just needed a working directory statement, followed by exact paths to the files.

Here’s my working service file:

[Unit]
Description=HA Dashboard
After=network.target home-assistant.service

[Service]
Type=simple
User=pi
WorkingDirectory=/home/pi/appdaemon_dashboard/appdaemon
ExecStart=/usr/bin/python3 -m appdaemon.appdaemon -c /home/pi/appdaemon_dashboard/appdaemon/conf -p /home/pi/appdaemon_dashboard/appdaemon/appdaemon.pid

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Modular File Users: If you use systemd to your HADashboard, you may need to add the dash_dir to your appdaemon.cfg file using a static path (/home/pi/appdaemon_dashboard/appdaemon/conf/dashboards) if it doesn’t load the “include” dashboard files.

4 Likes

I will, just need to clean things up a bit, will post the link in the forum once its ready.

I got the previous hadashboard running on windows, will this new beta version still work on windows? What i’m affraid of is the appdeamon part which i’m not sure is compatible with windows.

For the previous version i installed ruby and requirements manually until i could start dashing and i created a modified version of hapush with some things left out that seemed linux specific. I cant remember what exactly since i’m not at home and cant check znd its been running for such a long time already i cant remember everything.

Would need to check this tonight when i get home but just asking already.

If its not compatible with windows anymore or needs too many changes can it be run from a pi that does not have home assistant installed on it? My home assistant installation is also running on windows

AppDaemon runs fine on windows with a couple of minor limitations.

That would work too.

That’s awesome! Would be an idea Yeah

That’s expected behavior - what is the contents of compiled/javascript/default/<you dashboard name>_init,js?

Also, are you getting any errors on your javascript console?

just got it installed on windows no need to modify anything works out of the box without a problem. Install went much easier than the 1st hadashboard version i was using. Now i have to start rebuilding my old dashboard in the new version.

So windows install has no problems as far as i could see in case anyone is using windows as well.

3 Likes

@Tyfoon I posted a working copy of my custom skin at:

https://github.com/arraylabs/hadashboard-skin-clear_sky

Some basic details in the readme file, and zip download available in the releases area.

Got it running on my android tablet / converted :slight_smile: It’s not completly fullscreen as i have not found a way to hide the lower bar in android but seems to display the same as hadashboard v1

i do notice that the obsidian theme does not display units with my dashboard while other themes do, not sure if it’s due to me having unit_style tags to change font color and size (it was a bit too big for the tile and only changing size, changed the color somehow in the default skin)
edit: it’s due to me adding font-size and color tags with unit_style in the widgets i removed them and it displays fine now in the skins. I do think the default font size for the sensors might be a bit too big but i’ll make a copy of a skin and modify the values there for my own needs so i have a seperate skin

3 Likes

Installed the Dashboard and managed to get it up and running using the instructions without any issues. Few things:

• is there a reason that aiohttp should be the specified version? I’ve newer version and seems to work fine with it.
  • the weather widget shows the data using imperial units although the actual values shown in HA are SI (metric) units. I’d expect that I’d reference the same unit format as the darksky api is called with. (See ‘units’ from here: https://darksky.net/dev/docs/forecast)
    -I can’t find a ‘gauge’ style widget from the documentation, but some people have posted screenshots that make me think there might be some available? I’d like to show for example humidity as value but also as gauge (0-100%) and similarly power (0-20kW) with possibly some color changes within the range (for example for power 0-8k is green, 8k-15k yellow and above would be red). Similar as Gauge outputs on Node Red dashboard would be super-cool :wink:

It was the latest when I started work, but later should be fine, I’ll change the docs and installer.

I’m going to rework the Weather widget soon, I’ll do what you suggest - I am planning on doing that for other devices too - sensors should get the units from HA rather than have the user specify them.

The old version of HADashboard had a meter widget which is probably what you have seen.There isn;t one yet in v2 but it is coming for sure :slight_smile:

1 Like

The contents are below. I do not get any javascript errors in my browser’s console.

$(function(){ //DOM Ready

$(document).attr("title", "HADashboard");
content_width = (120 + 5) * 8 + 5
$('.gridster').width(content_width)
$(".gridster ul").gridster({
    widget_margins: [5, 5],
    widget_base_dimensions: [120, 120],
    avoid_overlapped_widgets: true,
    max_size_x: 8,
    shift_widgets_up: false
}).data('gridster').disable();

// Add Widgets
var gridster = $(".gridster ul").gridster().data('gridster');

var widgets = {}
// Initialize Widgets

// Start listening for HA Events

ha_status('ws://192.168.1.5:5050/stream', "HADashboard", widgets);

});

I copied your dash file exactly and got 2 widgets. The only way you would be seeing what you are is if you had ommited or misspelled the layout directive.

Looks nice. Quick question though. What did you use to get the “Git” command to work on your android tablet.