Announcement: HADashboard v2 Beta3!

that happens all my life.
i say to people that they should do again something that they already have done (and sometimes they have done it 10 times or more and it wont work) and magicly everything is right :wink:

2 Likes

shouldnt be a problem.

just put:

title: your Title

on the first line.

Me too I work in goverment support for It and weigh in motion systemsā€¦When I am there all is fine or I can just reboot and all is goodā€¦But I promise youā€¦I cleared almost to the point my laptop was a fresh version of win7ā€¦

i had title: Hello Worldā€¦Thou

shouldnt make a difference which title.

Thank you for you effort also rene toad too!!!..now i just to learn the config parameters of the ā€œtilesā€ widgets and how to move size and etcā€¦again thanksā€¦people like you keep me and my son 12 year old learningā€¦

1 Like

THANK YOUā€¦I will try to work from here with moreā€¦I will reread docs to learn sizing colors and etcā€¦

1 Like

About that - it might be interesting to add a way to turn on debug logging from the configuration file, it would be easier for Docker users.

1 Like

I am not able to get the camera snapshot in iframe. What am i doing wrong -

camera_out:
    widget_type: iframe
    title: Camera Outside
    refresh: 20
    frame_style: ""
    img_list: 
      - 192.168.0.212:8090/snapshot.cgi?user=username&pwd=password&count=0

layout:
    - clock (2x1)
    - camera_out(5x3)      
    -
    -
    - load_main_panel(2x1),        Light(2x1),          camera(2x1),         reload(2x1)

No image is loading but i can open snapshot in chrome with same link.

you are trying to connect with a camera that is NOT an entity in HA.
if you not already have it connected to HA you need to do that first.
if you already have, you need to give an url like given in the docs pointing to HA

edit:

i see you use iframe. thats the other possibility.
but then you need the url list instead of the image list,
i dont think the image list accepts user and pwd after the filename.

Thanks Rene for the quick reply. I have setup camera in HA and its entity is camera.outdoor_camera how can i use it without iframe as i wanted to display he camera feed on page rather than clicking and going to the feed.

i have mine set up like this:

widget_type: camera
entity_picture: http://yourHAip:8123/api/camera_proxy/camera.outdoor_camera?api_password=YourHApwd
widget_style: "background-image: none"
title: Outdoor
refresh: 60
title_style: "text-color: white"
widget_style: "border-bottom-left-radius: 30px;border-bottom-right-radius: 30px;border-top-left-radius: 30px;border-top-right-radius: 30px"
1 Like

Thanks i will check with this example

1 Like

I found the problemā€¦I use samba to connect to pi foldersā€¦its the way i edit configs in HAā€¦well it doesnt work with thisā€¦I scrapped the notepad ++ and nano the file directly and it worksā€¦now to try and get the weather widget to show data

I am getting the hang of this finallyā€¦I can recieve any sensor data but doesnt seem that I can get bidirectional communications I cant activate a script or scene?

please post your dash file again.
because there must be an error or else you should be able to use scripts and scenes.

I got this working the other day but now when I try to amend the layout of the dashboard from my MainPanel.dash file it makes no difference when I refresh the website.

I have even restarted HADashboard but no change.

I can even comment out a widget and nothing appears to change.

Have you tried clearing the browser cache?

Well donā€™t I just feel silly now!

Yup, that worked. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m looking at fixes for that but itā€™s not as easy as it seemsā€¦