Announcement: HADashboard v2 Beta3!

Thanks for this. Worked great. Do you know if there is a max number of cameras that can be used at once? I have 6 cameras around the house and would like to have the all display, if at all possible.

edit: nevermind…something was cached and wasn’t showing my changes.

I had a crazy idea, not sure if it’s even possible :slight_smile: or makes any sense.

So if I have multiple dashboards, Main.dash, Upstair.dash, Downstair.dash and what if, Dashboard could bring up the dash that is currently got updated?

Let’s say I’m on Main and I have a navigate widget to downstair.dash so whenever a widget on Downstair.dash got updated, for example, door bell rings, or light turns on… wouldn’t it be nice if the Downstair.dash got displayed to show what just got updated? I know if one has a big screen then we could just display everything but several users have smaller screens (3"), it would be nice if the screen display whatever dash that got component updated; so we don’t have to go in the sub dash to see what has changed or not.

What are your thoughts?

a new widget for the future could be a widget where you could give several entities to look at and display the last updated entity.
maybe even with a link to the dash you would like to open.
a complete dash wouldnt be wise. because you can also add temperaturesensors, lightsensors, etc. on a dash.

Things happen awful fast sometimes. People come and go from the house causing lights to turn off, they turn on other lights and fans, etc. And motion detectors report back much more frequently than I ever thought they did. I would be concerned that the screens would switch around so fast I would get a headache.

The cool thing is watching how the dashboard has morphed from it’s original scope into larger screens and control panels. A component like Rene is talking about that shows the last thing to update or maybe something like a list box that shows the last 10 actions (turn on/off type things), might be nice to see especially if it were scrollable.

2 Likes

That’s true, but maybe a way to allow widget to show on updates? and turn it off if things go out of hands :slight_smile:
I don’t have a camera at front door yet, but it’d be super nice if someone at the door, the dashboard automatic shows the camera feed!!! so I would just allow that specific widget and the rest have the ability turned off.

what I did is make a header for the dashboard that has specific widgets I want on every screen. I have everyone’s location whether they are at home, work, girl friends house, etc, the time, a weather map, and a hacked type of banner, that loops through a series of web pages. You may be able to use something like that to rotate through your cameras. But what you are asking for would be nice.

1 Like

why do some of my iframe widgets come up with just a blank white box, nothing on it?

bad URL??? Can you post the dash file?

I was working on adding sub panels but when I add them to the main panel the widgets are added to the main panel and not a widget that takes me to the sub panel. How can I get the sub panel to come up as a widget?

Thanks,

pretty plain, but here is what i have

title: pfSense
widget_dimensions: [170, 180]
widget_margins: [15, 15]
columns: 11

pfsense:
widget_type: iframe
widget_style: “border: none; background-color: transparent”
url_list:
- https://10.10.10.1:81

main_dash:
widget_type: navigate
title_style: “font-size: 250%”
dashboard: main
title: MAIN
icon_inactive_style: “margin-top: 10px; font-size: 800%”
icon_active_style: “margin-top: 10px; font-size: 800%”

reload:
widget_type: reload
widget_style: “background-color: rgba(128, 128, 128, 0.5); color: $blue;”

layout:
- pfsense(11x5)
-
-
-
-
- main_dash(2x1),spacer(8x1) ,reload(1x1)

Assuming your indentation is correct and the formatting just didn’t come over. You might want to try specifying the refresh interval.

label:
    widget_type: iframe
    refresh: 10
    url_list:
      - /custom_css/notices/office.html
      - /custom_css/notices/motd.html
      - /custom_css/notices/weatherAlert.html

I want to add something similar for this - my example would be to have a panel of small camera thumbnails, but switch to a big live view if motion is detected, If I can think of a generic way to do that it would be practically the same as what you are asking for, so yes, at some point for sure :slight_smile:

By the way everyone, I wanted to say that I know progress of late has been a little slow - this is because my work life has been ridiculously busy to the point that the last thing I want to do when I get home at the weekend is spend more time in front of a computer. Things will quieten down in the next week or so and I’ll get back to work - I nearly have enough done for the next beta, and my plan is to make that the release candidate for the real HADashboard v2,

4 Likes

that didnt seem to work, still just get a blank iframe, anyone else have any ideas?

Let me know if there is anything I can do. My work is so slow that I spend all day logged on here working on ways to drive Rene crazy :slight_smile: make that crazier.

How about we port everything over to LISP?? I just love parentheses. LOL :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Or BASIC perhaps???

1 Like

No, COBOL!!!

1 Like

Don’t tempt me!

IDENTIFICATION DIVISION.
PROGRAM-ID. LIGHT-APP.

DATA DIVISION.
   WORKING-STORAGE SECTION.
   01 LIGHT-ENTITY PIC A(30).
   02 MOTION-ENTITY PIC A(30).
   02 LIGHT-CALLBACK PIC A(30).

PROCEDURE DIVISION.
   A000-INITIALIZE
      MOVE "A001-ACTIVATE-LIGHT" TO LIGHT-CALLBACK
      MOVE "binary_sensor.kitchen" to MOTION-ENTITY
      CALL HA-LISTEN-STATE USING MOTION-ENTITY, LIGHT-CALLBACK
  A001-ACTIVATE-LIGHT
      MOVE "switch.kitchen_light" to LIGHT-ENTITY
      CALL HA-TURN-ON USING LIGHT-ENTITY
STOP RUN.

What do you think?

5 Likes

I’m feeling ill :scream:

1 Like

Is that URL for a camera? What it actually goes to may make a difference.