Announcing MQTT/Android bridging app: Zanzito. Beta testers wanted!

You mean something like this?

Is this notification area, when you do drop down?

I don’t get this. Also on xiaomi phone, with Android 6.0.1

Yes, it’s the notification area with locked screen. I don’t know what to say, it’s strange. I think I did everything by the book, but maybe I’m missing something, or xiaomi phones have messed up notifications.

Anyone else tried this feature? Is it working?

After testing some more, the ‘two-finger’ swipe down on Xiaomi (MIUI) phones only works after unlocking the phone first. Then I see the picture in the notification. I also see the 3 buttons you mentioned before on the persistent ‘Zanzito connected’ notifcication in the notification bar on my phone.
There is no way (that I found) to swipe the notification (which pops up) open when phone the screen is off and locked.

Somehow, that is not necessary for Telegram. When I receive notifications from HASS on one off my Telegram bots, it is able to show the message with image onscreen. No need to swipe notification to open first. Even if the phone was locked and screen turned off.
Maybe Telegram uses another technique? In its settings, I see an option listed ‘Message Preview’ which I have checked.

That makes sense: the lock screen is usually heavily customized by vendors.
Telegram must be using a custom view, while I’m using a standard view, I will give it a look.

Thanks!

gl

I do not understand what is a 2 finger swipe down. If I swipe with one or two finger I get same result

I also have a MIUI xiaomi phone. But I do not get it at all …

Hope this helps to explain it:
Zanzito notification two finger swiping

1 Like

Thanks for the video!
I understand, but apparently it’s a glitch in Xiaomi’s Android version, I found many online discussions about this, I’m afraid there’s nothing we can do (apart from changing ROM or, I saw somewhere, install some third party apps that seems to be solving the problem)…

Cool video tough !

Thanks, no problem.

The video is meant for @anon35356645 btw, if that was not clear.
I already was aware you were understanding the issue I had with the lockscreen notification.
:wink:

1 Like

Ahhhh, thanks. I use smartphones with one hand only. Never knew about this function

1 Like

how to add more then one device?

- platform: mqtt_room
    device_id: e81b30d1xxxx
    name: 'fitbit'
    state_topic: 'happy-bubbles/presence/ha'

Zanzito does not start by itself. I always need to wake the phone and start the program

If you are using Miui, go to Settings > Permissions > Autostart and add zanzito into the list

You also can set Zanzito to Autostart in the advanced settings of the app:

And you can have the app always stay open on your phone by locking it into memory:

• open the multitasking view (most left physical button on your phone)
  • swipe down the ‘Zanzito app screen’ and select ‘lock’, you will see a ‘lock icon’ on it afterwards like this:

this I did

I hadn’t, now I did it

Now I did this too.
Let’s see

I have two questions:

1. When will the home assistant component become official?

2. When you recive a notification on your android phone it says: “Zanzito Message:”. Is it possible to customize this to for example “Home Assistant:”

I am currently testing the app and I like it! Easy to set up and notifications are instant! I will probably replace owntracks with zanzito as well.

Good work! =)

Hi,

1. I’m still working on that component, but it is easily installable as custom component.
  2. If you use the ha notifier component, you can send a title: field that becomes the title of the Android notification, otherwise you’d have to use a JSON formatted messages, see the manual :wink:

thanks!
gl

2 Likes