Annoying log file error - custom-ui

Hi

I’m using custom-ui to customize icon colours, etc. This seems to all be working fine, but recently I’ve started getting errors in the log file every time any lovelace page is viewed:

2020-12-09 12:05:24 ERROR (MainThread) [frontend.js.latest.202011112] https://REDACTED.ui.nabu.casa/local/custom_ui/custom-ui.js:7:1 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token '<'

I’m sure this is probably something I’ve done, and not an issue with custom-ui itself, but for the life of me I cannot find where this is coming from. How can I figure out what’s causing the error?

Thanks

Tagging @Mariusthvdb here as he maintains custom-ui. Sorry Marius, please let me know if this bothers you.

Not at all!

Seems related to Ha 110 no longer supports custom-ui?

The customizer component still being installed? Could that be? (It shouldn’t be, please have a look at the repo for installation instructions)

Thanks @Mariusthvdb - I followed the install instructions (installed via HACS) and it has been working fine. It’s just recently started reporting this error, so I was wondering if it’s something I’ve done in either the lovelace card configs or in customize, but I can’t see anything obvious.

Not sure what the issue was, but I completely removed it and re-installed it again (via HACS) and the error is gone now. Thanks for trying to help.

1 Like

great, and glad to help,
please tick the solved box below, so your issue is not lingering in the community :wink: