(another?) chores list for kids

I made a chores list for my three kids. It’s based mostly on toggle helpers and the auto entities card. Naming for the helpers is a little weird but gives me flexibility for sorting, separating chores out for each kid, and having it be based on the day of the week and/or whether or not they have school.

I put all the school “days” into google calendar and pull that in to be able to reference. The events in google calendar are all named #BCSD 1 through #BCSD 6 with a #BCSD Closed for days off. Our school numbers days 1-6 and they rotate, skipping any days off. So, this Friday is a day 3 but next Friday will be a day 2.

Naming for the input helper is:
time(24-hour format) _ [ day of week | school day (prefixed with bcsd) ] _ [ kid name | all ] _ chore name

So, some examples,

0637_0_quinn_todo_teeth // 6:37am, every day, Quinn brushes teeth
0759_bcsd0_quinn_todo_pack_water // 7:59am (just used for ordering), every school day, Quinn packs water
0600_3_all_todo_quinn_laundry // 6am, every Wednesday, all kids are responsible for Quinn's laundry getting done

auto-entities configuration:

type: custom:auto-entities
card:
  type: entities
  title: Morning To-Do's
  state_color: true
  show_header_toggle: false
filter:
  template: >
    {{ states.input_boolean |
    selectattr('entity_id','match','input_boolean.(0[0-9]|1[0-2])\d{2}_('+now().isoweekday()|string+'|0|bcsd'+("x"
    if states('sensor.school_day') == 'Closed' else '0')+')_(quinn|all)') |
    map(attribute='entity_id') | list }}
sort:
  method: entity_id

1 Like