Another component for ZiGate

it’s in .storage/core.entity_registry

Any idea when this shall happen? I’m also impatient to test this.

Also I want to give a try for this solution because I continue to have the problem I describe previously in this thread:

After some exchange with Fred he made some tests with Philipe HUE bulb and came to the following conclusion:

I did the tests on Hue bulbs and indeed, the bulb does not communicate its status automatically.

The only way (used for example on the Deconz conbee) is to ask the bulb what is its status regularly (polling).

To make this automatic, you have to send every x seconds:

• “read attribute” from cluster 0x0006 attribut 0x0000 to get the on/off status

• “read attribute” from cluster 0x0008 attribut 0x0000 to get the level value

Then @doudz maybe this shall be implemented your zigate library and/or homeassistant-zigate component?

So let me try to understand what you’ve done here.
You’ve paired a bulb to zigate and you can drive it from hass.
You’ve paired a remote to zigate and do nothing with it from hass.
You’ve put the bulb and the remote in the same zigbee group so now you can command your bulb with your remote.
Is that correct?

The problem comes from hue bulb, not from zigate, as you said the bulb does not report his state after a call from the remote in the group.
Really don’t know the zigbee protocol behind the scene but maybe the bulb only report his state to the remote.

But I think you’ve a really better solution than calling a refresh every x seconds.
If the remote is associated with hass, hass can see that you’ve pressed the remove with a zigate.attribute_updated event.
Now you can call a refresh of your bulb every single time hass detect an event attribute_update from your remote (maybe wait a second or two before calling the refresh)

Yes. But my main problem raise even without the remote and only trying to use the bulb from HA.

The bulb also not report his state when I try to change his state from HA. For example if the bulb is OFF and HA report it correctly OFF. Then I clic on the ON button in HA. The bulb light ON and the button switch to ON. But then the button in HA go back to OFF after few seconds. This probably because the bulb do not report his new state.

Then I will try to send here also a refresh of the bulb in this case if I found the way to do so.

Sorry I forget the part you where having the same issue tolling in hass.
it’s really strange and I’ve no hue bulb to test it.

Did you tried different reset methods?

You mean to un-pair the bulb before pairing with the ZiGate?
No I only use the method by pushing 10 seconds the I and O of the remote close to the bulb.

Looks like you’ve done a reset with this method so it looks ok.

You have only one bulb ?

@doudz

I have the vibrating sensors ( it’s more a tilted/drop/touched sensors :slight_smile: )

what does that logs means :

2019-04-07 17:42:02 DEBUG (ZiGate-Listen) [zigate] Raw packet received, b'\x01\x81\x02\x12\x02\x10\x11\xf8i)\xbe\x02\x11\x02\x11\x02\x11\x02\x15\x02\x15\x02\x10#\x02\x10\x02\x14\x02\x10\x02\x15\x02\x10\x02\x10\xb7\x03'
2019-04-07 17:42:02 DEBUG (ZiGate-Event Loop) [zigate] Dispatch ZIGATE_PACKET_RECEIVED
2019-04-07 17:42:02 DEBUG (ZiGate-Decode data) [zigate] Received response 0x8102: b'6929be01010105050023000400050000'
2019-04-07 17:42:02 DEBUG (ZiGate-Decode data) [zigate] RESPONSE 0x8102 - Individual Attribute Report : sequence:105, addr:29be, endpoint:1, cluster:257, attribute:1285, status:0, data_type:35, size:4, data:327680, lqi:183
2019-04-07 17:42:02 DEBUG (ZiGate-Decode data) [zigate] Dispatch ZIGATE_ATTRIBUTE_UPDATED
2019-04-07 17:42:02 DEBUG (ZiGate-Decode data) [custom_components.zigate] Update attribute for device LUMI lumi.vibration.aq1 (29be) 00158d0002b12693 {'endpoint': 1, 'cluster': 257, 'addr': '29be', 'attribute': 1285, 'data': 327680}
2019-04-07 17:42:02 DEBUG (ZiGate-Decode data) [zigate] Dispatch ZIGATE_RESPONSE_RECEIVED  

It seems that the attribute “1285” is not decode.
thanks

Yes I used this method 1.

For the moment I run my tests with 2 different model of Philips hue bulb and I see the same behavior.
I don’t know if this is important but they are also programmed with the latest version of Philips firmware.

@Adorem do you have the exact firmware version maybe you could compare with @Carasak ?

The firmware of the ZiGate? It’s the latest official one: 3.0f. @Carasak are you also using this one?

Yes 3.0f also. + latest HASS.IO

Yes but the hue firmware?

how can i check with firmware my hue bulbs are on?

No idea I do not have hue bulbs. Just trying to find a difference between you because it looks like you have the same setup but in your case the bulb is working fine but not for @Adorem. And he specifically says that he’s running latest hue firmware. That could be the difference.

Device received and connected to the zigate.
Everything is running fine :star_struck:

Hello,

Beginner with HA and juste received a zigate and lots of xiaomi sensors.
Tried jeedom and doudz’s zigate plugin for a day. Worked smoothly but decided to switch to HA because I wanted something more modular.

Thanks doudz for your work!

Anyway, I have some questions regarding the use of the zigate component.

Let’s take the xiaomi temperature/humidity/pressure sensor.
Once the device is paired, 5 entites are created

• sensor
  • sensor temperature
  • sensor humidity
  • sensor pressure
  • sensor pressure2

No entity is created for battery level but the information is visible and seems accessible in the different entites attributes.
How can I extract this information and use it as a sensor (on a history graph)?

Another question I have concerns the zigate notifications that pop every time I restart HA.
I have 2 sensors (out of 4) which generate à notification like this one

The ZiGate device xxxxxxxxxxx(xxxx) needs to be discovered (missing important information)

What does it mean and how could I get rid of it?

Regards
Nicolas

Any chance to make it work with Livolo Zigbee gateway as well? :slight_smile:

You’ll find the battery level as an attribute of zigate entity. Id is zigate.ieee

About the notification you’ve you should… Discover your devices.
you go to services then choose zigate.discover_device and then the entity concerned.
Juste after starting the service you’ll need to wake up device if it’s battery powered by clicking on the join button multiple times.

Hey Biau,

Thanks for your answer.
I hadn’t read the doc so didn’t know it was possible to create sensor templates based on attributes works well.
Here what it looks like :

- platform: template
sensors:
cube_battery:
unit_of_measurement: ‘%’
value_template: “{{ states.sensor.zigate_00158d0002xxxxxx_rotation.attributes.battery_level }}”
friendly_name: cube

Regarding the notifications, the 2 sensors that generates those notifications works well and look like they’ve alreaday been discovered.
I just don’t understand why only 2 (out of 5 aqara sensors) systematically generate notifications after restart/reboot.
I will try to

Nicolas