Another component for ZiGate

Can you still control brightness?

No, nothing happens in my bulbs.
That said I hadnā€™t renamed the entities after adding them back this morning. So I had a zigate entity card with the original name (Ikea of Sweden Trafri etc.) and an entity card with the 3 same bulbs but still with their name from yesterday.
When I tried to change de brightness as you suggested, the names udpated for the original ones (Ikea etc.).

I have two types of errors at the moment in the log, but Iā€™m too new to understand exactly what it means yet.

Iā€™m new to linux and python and Iā€™m not a computer engineers, HA is not easy to dive in :laughing:

Still no luck ā€¦
Iā€™m really wondering what happens when you call remove device service as it dosenā€™t seem to do anything for me.
It doesnā€™t remove the entity nor the devices in the zigate.json :thinking: (yes the bulb are turned on)
I must be missing something ā€¦

Try calling zigate.cleanup_devices

Thanks for your answer.
Yup I already did. I read most of this topic before posting. I donā€™t understand everything but I tried the few services that could do the job. It least I think :slight_smile:
Just did a again a ā€œzigate.remove_deviceā€ on each 3 bulbs then a cleanup device then a restart.
And there are still here, appearing both as Zigate devices and lamp entities.
And on the network table.

For me, the best way to remove a device is reseting the device itself first and then call cleanup_devices when the device is tagged missing

I tried !
But they never go missing. Which doesnā€™t surprise me much since the addr doesnā€™t change and it doesnā€™t disappear from the zigate.json.
Itā€™s like they were constantly auto joining.

Just did it again, reset + cleanup and restart. Still here.

Finally! This morning, for no specific reason as far as I can tell, after rebooting to include a yeelight bulb, the Ikea GU10 went missing. I did a cleanup devices, reboot, and they were gone.

At least I think because I also a bunch of crappy weird sensors (see below) that are still in the list.
It thought it was tied to the bulbs that just disappeared but apparently not.
I have a second set of Ikea bulb GU10 in my kitchen , the ones that you can change color temps too (those).

Knowing that:

• I never paired them on purpose with permit join
  • I reset the kitchen bulb but they didnā€™t disappear
  • I donā€™t even have the bubs as light, only the ā€œsensorsā€

Do you know why I have those? What did I do to have this appear?
And how to remove them if itā€™s not useful or what are their purpose?

Capture2

If someone is looking for a Zigate, Iā€™m selling mine with the wifi module for 49ā‚¬, including expedition everywhere in Europe via DHL.
Or 8,9ā‚¬ of delivery fee for delivery outside of Europe.

Please contact me via PM if interested.

Information :
I made a PR on Home Assistant to add zigate support on the zha component
https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/25527

4 Likes

Yeah well done @doudz. Iā€™m waiting this since long time :slight_smile:

I hope it will work better than the current component :crossed_fingers:

The current component works daily since you started it a year ago for me and I have absolutely nothing to complaint about.
(except for the polling but I can disable it now :stuck_out_tongue: )
But of course I like to use mainly component from the base code so Iā€™ll try zha support as soon as it is implemented for sure.

Thanks for all your work.

Just tested hacs installation and it works fine !

I know itā€™s bad to auto reply but I been trying to figure this out for the last few days and no matter what I try, they are still here.
Any idea?

A small message to say the PR has been merged so the zha component will now officially support zigate (using zigpy)
it will be available in the next HA release and require firmware 3.1a
(only works with USB zigate, maybe with pizigate too but gpios have to be set manually)

1 Like

Looking forward to test that asap but Iā€™m on holy days right now.
Iā€™ll make my feedback here.
If I just disable the zigate config thatā€™s OK to test it or do I need to make some manual cleaning?

Nice !
Any feedback ?:wink:

quick test during lunch, beta0 was out few hours ago.
Zha does not import devices already paired to zigate like doudz component does so I rolled back.
But before that I paired a new xiaomi sensor and it worked fine with the integration module.
Will try to investigate deeper tonight.

zha will not import already paired devicesā€¦
Youā€™ll have to repair all since it use a different database (zha doesnā€™t use my zigate.json)