Any Car HA Dashboard - Triggered by NFC Tag

Hello guys,

My home is full of custom dashboards for each room and now created something that’s very handy for the car.
The below simplistic car dashboard which will allow me to reach key stuff form my docked phone while driving such as navigating home/work locations which launch google maps URL and similarly to music applications such as tunein and youtube, the watch is very practical easier than the digital clock etc…
The Questions is: How to launch that dashboard just by scanning and NFC tag

I want to put an NFC tag on the phone holder/dock and it will opens home assistant companion app and i navigate opens a specific dashboard.

Currently I am currently forced to open home assistant app from my phone and this dashboard is set as the device default dashboard .

I dont wish to use tasker, I am currently having HA as my central automation hub
Once the above is accomplished, I have multiple future enhancements on the dashboard roadmap, for example:

• Triggering this script once every minute to ensure this simplistic view is always visible instead of being distracted by other apps
  • Showing the commute time to work or home from maps API
  • Show different cards based on my device location, different items to show while am near my house/gym/work etc…
2 Likes

any ideas?

This would come in handy. I’d like to know too.

Here were my outcomes when an NFC tag is scanned, it will navigate to a specific dashboard of my choice where i added also links to open phone music apps, waze integration time to work and links to other detailed dashboards and finally the analog clock.

The only challenge faced is i want to prevent the NFC tag from triggering the automation multiple times while while my phone is close,
Please If anyone have an idea how to prevent it from triggering more than once every X time, it would be appreciated sharing your thoughts

Hey @ryansdistrict, would you mind sharing how to trigger navigating to a specific dashboard upon scanning a tag?

I have another home automation scenario where this would be useful.

It was a bad idea, it keeps triggering and with the phone cover, signal was weak… I am currently triggering using widgets on my android

I understand it wasn’t a good fit in your scenario.
I’d still like to know how to navigate to a specific dashboard on the Android app.
If you still remember how you did it?