Any experience with Ikea Jetström lights?

Hi, I’m looking for some ceiling lights with a higher CRI and found the new Ikea Jetström.

I know that they should work with with Z2M, but I have some concerns about the quality. There are some comments about noises from the power supply or the controller.

Has someone practical experience with these light series?

1 Like

Yes. Stay away. Very noisy even when completely turned off (which is very strange). 50Hz hum, but very loud. Like a running fridge

1 Like

The same as in some of the comments. Too bad, but thanks for the answer

@rustasian have you found a solution? I previously bought the Jetström lights but sent them back due to coil while noise.

On reddit I saw the suggestion that it would be possible to replace the controller in the Jetström with a new power supply and controller, but that would make the Jetström quite an expensive option.

I am considering buying a 600 x 600mm back lit led ceiling panel and replacing the LEDs, power supply and controller with a high CRI CCT 24v LED strip. I read that Auxmer led strips are high quality with high CRI.

This is of course not ideal, but there aren’t really many options for those who care about CRI.

If useful I can provide more details on what I have learned and what other components I’m aiming to use.