Any Fire HD 10 (2019 / 9th Gen) Users? Notifications Problem

Hi all - I bought a couple current gen 2019 Fire HD 10 tablets to wall-mount in my house. Sideloading the Play Store to install the Home Assistant app worked great. It was only after I realized that push notifications weren’t working that I did some Googling to find out that this particular version of the Fire HD 10/FireOS is somehow limited in its ability to support notifications from seemingly any apps loaded via the Play Store. Bummer.

Anyway, just curious if anyone else has run into this or has ideas on a creative workaround? I can live without notifications but it would be cool to get this working eventually.

Thanks in advance! :beers:

you’re correct in that the fire tablets don’t not have the firebase capability to send/recieve notifications. you can however use other android notifcations app such as telegram or my preference pushbullet to recieve messages. i have done this for a few notifcations that i want to flow to my fire os tablet

1 Like

I’m also using a Fire HD 10 (2018 gen I think) as my wall tablet.
Since the FireOS had so many limitations and also an outdated webview without the possibility of updating, I flashed a custom ROM (LineageOS) and now everything works without problems.
I used this ROM.

I can also recommend to use the app “Fully Kiosk Browser” for nice features like motion detection / microphone wakeup etc.

1 Like

Thank you @jsizzle918 and @Invento3D! Looks like the LineageOS ROM could be an option in the future if the 2019 version of the HD10 gets rooted at some point. In the meantime, I think I’m going to give Telegram a shot – and check out Fully Kiosk, too!