Any progress on HomeSeer HS-WD100+ or WS100+ integration?

I tried setting up the central scene but i don’t see scene data. I purchased ZWP dimmers which should be the same as the homeseer. Has anyone else gotten this to work?

2017-10-16 17:31:01.865 Detail, Node019,   Received: 0x01, 0x0b, 0x00, 0x04, 0x00, 0x13, 0x05, 0x5b, 0x03, 0x16, 0x03, 0x01, 0xaa
2017-10-16 17:31:01.866 Detail, 
2017-10-16 17:31:01.866 Info, Node019, Received Central Scene set from node 19: scene id=1 in 3 seconds. Sending event notification.
2017-10-16 17:31:01.866 Detail, Node019, Refreshed Value: old value=3, new value=3, type=int
2017-10-16 17:31:01.866 Detail, Node019, Changes to this value are not verified
2017-10-16 17:31:01.866 Detail, Node019, Notification: ValueChanged

What’s the current status on the HS-WD100+ working with Home Assistant? I’m about to buy a bunch of these switches, but I don’t know if I also need to buy the HomeSeer software to take advantage of the Central Scene and Multitap capabilities.

Work fine; I have dozens of them up and going. Don’t use polling as not required for these switches.

@jwelter with central scene/multi-tap functionality?

I still have a hack to make the “instant update” work but they work fine otherwise. Multi tap works

- alias: 'HomeSeer Switch Fix On'
    trigger:
      platform: event
      event_type: zwave.scene_activated
      event_data:
        scene_id: 1
        scene_data: 0
    action:
      - service: switch.turn_on
        data_template:
          entity_id: '{{"switch." + trigger.event.data.entity_id.split(".")[1] + "_switch" }}'
  - alias: 'HomeSeer Switch Fix Off'
    trigger:
      platform: event
      event_type: zwave.scene_activated
      event_data:
        scene_id: 2
        scene_data: 0
    action:
      - service: switch.turn_off
        data_template:
          entity_id: '{{"switch." + trigger.event.data.entity_id.split(".")[1] + "_switch" }}'

Basically, when you manually use the switch it sends a scene activated command so I have to manually update the switch status otherwise it appears to be off still.

1 Like

Anyone notice an issue with the WD100+ where it won’t fully turn off in home assistant via automation? I have an automation that sends a light.turn_off command, the light load and all the indicator LEDs turn off, but the state remains ‘on’ with a brightness of 10. I assume it has something to do with the way this dimmer fades out slowly and something in HA doesn’t follow the entire sequence to the end. Any tips on how to defeat this bug?

I recently learned a workaround to fix the ui lag for the WD100+ dimmers. You just need to set ‘refresh_value’ to true under the zwave component for that switch like this:

zwave:
  usb_path: /dev/ttyACM0
  device_config:
    light.bedroom_level:
      refresh_value: true
1 Like

Thanks- does this do all the magic on it’s own? No need to set polling or anything? How often does it refresh itself?

On its own, it will send a refresh to update the state of the light with a default 2 second delay after its state changes (to change to a 1 second delay you would just add ‘delay: 1’). This doesn’t poll the switch in intervals, it just sends out a final delayed refresh after a state change. In practice, this totally fixes the UI brightness slider, which used to stutter badly, and it ensures that the light will accurately update to its final state after a couple seconds.

There are pull requests in HA and OZW to natively fix this issue (the HA one is waiting on the OZW one to get merged first).

Awesome- it works perfectly. Thank you for posting!

since we’re discussing the HW-Wx100+, does anybody know if it is supported to reverse the paddle? I have searched high and low and haven’t found a thing…

Is this fix the problem when manually turn on the switch and it does not get reflected on the GUI ?

How does it know which switch is with the data template ?

I’m new to home assistant (using hassbian) and the WD100 is my first light that I’m trying to setup. I’ve got it connected, however I’m suffering the toggle… uh… toggle on 0.67.1.

Turning the light on works fine, but turning it off causes the slider to pop back to on (and the brightness is shown at ~20%) even though the light itself has turned off.

My config:

zwave:
  usb_path: /dev/ttyACM0
  device_config:
    light.level:  # this was a GE light that suffered the same problem
    light.level_2:

I’ve done the full restart of home assistant after setting this in /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/configuration.yaml

Any ideas what I’m missing?

2 Likes

@hopeless1 and @hoffsta,

Not sure if it has to do with updating to 0.76.0 but tonight I noticed the front end taking close to 5 minutes to update the status of the hs-wd100s after using Alexa to turn them on/off. Any idea?

@hoffsta Did you ever figure out how to fix this? Thanks

I am still facing this issue on HS-WD200 switches - I have refresh set to true in configuration.

A friend put me onto the Zwave node config option below. I removed polling and delay parameters and things work as they should. This is for the Homeseer HS-WD100+ and the gui not reflecting the correct switch state.

Having huge issues with the homeseer switches - did anyone here by any chance get any further?

Nope, none of these options worked. I have to poll them.