Any progress on HomeSeer HS-WD100+ or WS100+ integration?

I understand that these switches aren’t yet supported due to incomplete support for central scene class in OZW, however, I’ve seen mention of a few people getting it to work with dev builds of OZW and custom device support.

Is anyone who actually got this going somehow willing to share what they did? I’m really frustrated with how I have it running now, z-wave to SmartThings to MQTT. Things are constantly getting out of sync. I’d love to move these over to HA only as soon as possible. Thanks

I have those and they “sorta” work with HA.

You can turn it on and off in web UI, however dimming switch state often reported incorrectly by HA. Example: if the light is on and you click slider to turn it off: the light dims down to off, but then the slider in HA’s UI rolls back to “on” position.

This is what it shows me, while switch is actually “OFF”:

The light intensity is also showing incorrectly by HA: showing like 50% on, while switch is actually 100% on. I saw a commit in Z-wave stack related to that, but it didn’t fix it for me.

HA 37.1

I installed one of these this week. I’m not seeing this behavior. Mine are instantly updating their state in the UI. I actually have another set of lights that turns on/off in response to the WD100 being turned on/off and the reaction is near instantaneous.

I do have other lights where HASS thinks they’re still on when they’re definitely off (as is evidenced by the LED on the switch).

hmm. this is quite interesting. perhaps, something to do with zwave configuration?

Could be. I added mine by carrying my Zwave stick to it, then opened Open Zwave Control Panel to name it before re-launching HASS. I also left OZCP open for a while - it looked like it was taking it’s time querying my devices (I have ~40).

I haven’t read about anyone having success with the double or triple taps buttons in home assistant due to central scene command class not yet being implemented in open-z-wave. Is that your experience as well?

Yup. I believe that’s still the case. I bought specifically for the instant-status, with hopes that central scene will get sorted eventually. I’ve set a watch on this thread hoping for updates:

Just installed 3 of this dimmers and having the exact same problem… any fix ?

There is commit in dev branch that adds support for transition. I hope this might help:

Great news hope that progress …

Thanks

Transitions aren’t the same as central scene command class.

Transitions already work with several light platforms - basically, you can say “transition from off to 60% and take 2 minutes to do it” to get a nice slow fade (helpful for alarms clocks with a non-jarring wakeup).

I’m experiencing a similar issue. New installation of hass using latest raspbian + all-in-one. New HS-WD100+ dimmer out of the box came with an out-of-date firmware. Firmware updates on these switches requires a $50 piece of software (but which can be had for free if you buy $250 worth of the switches). My switch came with FW v5.17, so I flashed it to v5.19 whose changelog includes the following two items:

1. Improved dimming performance for LED bulbs.
  2. Instant status updates via Z-Wave associations. This should allow for greater compatibility when using non-HomeSeer control systems.

I was hoping that the update would resolve this issue but no dice.

In my case, when I open the dimmer in the web UI and click a value (say, 25%), the dimmer will be set to 25% but the slider will snap back to the original value on screen which I opened the dimmer panel. If I click on a new value (say, 50%), it will again set the dimmer to 50%, then snap the slider back to 25%. If I then click on 75%, dimmer sets to 75% and UI snaps back to 50%.

It’s as if the slider is always set to the previous value.

edit: Looks like I misinterpreted the issue slightly. This appears to be the core problem here, it’s updating while still in the transition: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/3893

Any updates? Having the exact same issue described by luma. I think I may need to return these and go with a supported dimmer, or are all dimmers having issues?

I have these working pretty well through Smartthings Hub. Only drawback is that they need to go through ST cloud for every adjustment which creates a little lag. I’m OK with it because I figure eventually someone will manage to get them working directly through Open-Z-Wave/Home Assistant.

What would truly be amazing was if a really skilled person were somehow able to crack the firmware and edit it.

My switches are now working reliably by making some configuration changes in the configuration.yaml like so:

zwave:
  usb_path: /dev/ttyUSB0
  device_config:
    light.kitchen_ceiling_lights_level:
      polling_intensity: 1
      refresh_value: true
      delay: 3

I’m using a slightly-modified version of the scripts posted by @mfdutra to monitor for double/triple clicks and to trigger events in response. The result is very fast (sub-second response time) and has been reliable thus far.

1 Like

@luma Even with that modification It doesn’t work correctly through the frontend for me. If I used the emulated hue component and Alexa it works just fine.

Not entirely sure at this point where the UI is going wrong.

For those watching this thread, we have been able to get a PR made and merged into the dev branch. I dont know when dev turns into master, but you can use dev if you want the feature sooner!

1 Like

Omg you are a hero. Can’t wait to try this out

How to implement this with the 0.53 ?

Yes! I’d love to see a noob oriented tutorial for setting this up, both the HASS and OZW parts.