Any progress with XSH Cam Doorbell?

I happened to get this video doorbell from aliexpress:

It is using an app called XSHCAM both on IOS and Android. As far as i see there is no RTSP whatsoever. When i check out the Wireshark logs, i can see that my smart phone and the doorbell communicates UDP in between. But i am far too incompetent to understand anything from this :sweat_smile:

Is there anyone who managed to hack or had some progress how to use this type of doorbell with HA?

1 Like

I’ve just set up my xshcam and I am also looking for hack or a way to connect it to my Google home.

2 Likes

I’m setting this doorbell up shortly and would love to see an integration!

Resembling (Probably the same, since this also uses XSH Cam) video doorbell FCC ID Page: https://fccid.io/2APTS-M3

Also, guess “Ubell” app is also the same. It says “This is free video surverillance client for electronic Bell with an advanced P2P protocol, which developed by Ubiquitious Access networking technologies Co. Ltd.” I couldn’t find any information about what this “Ubiquitious Access networking technologies Co.ltd” is or its “advanced P2P protocol”…

I wonder if those two 4pin ports has anything to do with serial communication?

I also still wait for Eufy European Wired version with RTSP support. If this comes out someday, i am gonna use this xshcam doorbell as a brick…

Hi, did you manage to integrate this camera with HA. I have same one and just don’t find anything to integrate it

Unfortunately not… There is no information on XSHCam on internet and i couldn’t decrypt the UDP packets on Wireshark. I guess we could only get the 433 MHz ring button press with a sonoff or 433Mhz module; so we could see the door bell button presses on HA. Since when someone presses the button i get the notification on my smart phone, i didn’t bothered to go that way…

1 Like

Think I should sell this useless doorbell then

1 Like

I also have one of these xshcam doorbells - has anyone made any progress getting it to work on HA?

I found possibility to intergrate that doorbell with HA, but only pressing button for ringing by RF433MHz. Need Sonoff RF Bridge with tasmota software and sesnor:
#Doorbell

• platform: mqtt
    state_topic: “rf_bridge/tele/RESULT”
    value_template: ‘{{value_json.RfReceived.Data}}’
    payload_on: “13E971” #see logs on tasmota console on rf bridge check payload
    name: “Doorbell”
    device_class: vibration
    off_delay: 5
    Video still not available, pir sesnor not sending indication by RF433MHz

I found the company here: wifi doorbell for sale from China Suppliers and explained our frustration. Not sure that it will help, though.

In the end, i gave this doorbell to my friend and got myself a Eufy 2K wired doorcam, and quite happy with my current decision…