Any recommendations for a wifi doorbell?

Hi all,

I’m in search after a wifi doorbell for my rented house.

I bought some generic “Smart home door bell” that is branded as Tuya supported, but I realized I don’t want to go though cloud services of Tuya.

I almost pulled the trigger on the Reolink wifi doorbell, but I’m not sure how well this integrates with HA as my current Reolink E1 pro is only giving my video feed, instead of fully integrating into HA.

So my requirements are:

1. Don’t require 3rd party vendor cloud services
  2. Interated really well with HA.
  3. Supports wifi

Is there such a thing?

Thank you!

Hello,

Yes, the Reolink wifi doorbell :wink:

You will get a lot of informations in the documentation:

On this page you will also read this:

The following models are lacking the HTTP web server API and can, therefore, not work directly with this integration. However, these cameras can work with this integration through an NVR in which the NVR is connected to Home Assistant.
E1 Pro
E1
Reolink Lumus

Which integration works with this camera? The one I tried doesn’t work:

Did you read the doc and my copy/paste?

E1 Pro does not work with this integration because it lacks a HTTP web server API unlike the doorbell

I read it, yes, but I understood that it does work with NVR, so I expected it to work with it. I guess I was wrong.

However, these cameras can work with this integration through an NVR in which the NVR is connected to Home Assistant.

So you have a Reolink NVR? If yes, it should work by adding the E1 pro to the NVR then the NVR to HA.

Trying to do what you are doing without much or any cloud integration I landed on a Eufy Dual Camera doorbell and I’ve been mostly happy with it. The only part that I really don’t like is there’s a lag between when my phone/watch/etc tells me someone is at the door versus it getting triggered in HA but it’s not serious enough for me to worry too much about it.

1 Like