Any Support for Midea A/C?

Hi Gentlemen! Who is interested, we are again in stock with dongles. Greetings from Ukraine!
eBay
Tindi
Official store

3 Likes

Cool, just bought 2, thanks for sharing mate :slight_smile:

Andā€¦ SLAVA UKRAINI :fist:

4 Likes

I have been using the ā€œMIDEA AC LANā€ integration from HACS for the last few weeks and I am quite happy with it. It connects to the original USB dongles and has all the functionality it needs. The developer has been very responsive and resolved issues within a day or two.

1 Like

I just installed and configured my AC to use LAN (rather than API) and the thermostat card is not responsive / thinks itā€™s offline.

Trying alternate setup with: ā€œUse cloud API to poll applianceā€
Returned: ā€œUnable to find appliance at specified IPv4 addressā€

Iā€™m using a reserved static-IP for it. I can ping it, itā€™s there.
The Nethome and MSmartHome apps both work with it also.

Not sure what else to try.

Using fan only atm, not cooling. Temperature is correct

Itā€™s working (interactive) for me now.

Got word back from Midea as to why:

If you are connected 2 device using the same account the application will keep logging out and ask you each time to insert the password for login so please sign out from 1 phone and keep signed in for the other phone so the issue will be solved .  

For security reasons, we cannot yet allow you to log in to the same account on multiple mobile devices at the same time. But MSmartHome provides you with the function of device sharing. You can invite your family members to register MSmartHome accounts, then long-press your device and share it with your family members 

I was monitoring the a/c on my phone so this is why HA wasnā€™t able to control it.
It also explains why I had to keep logging back into the app when I re-opened it.

Iā€™ve gotta say it ā€œFor security reasonsā€ ā€¦ :rofl:
Itā€™s an a/c unit, not a banking app

For instance If someone get access to your account, he/she can turn on the AC - just for fun. Your electricity provider will surely be happy for the extra income. And youā€™ll be less happy for sure :slight_smile:

I think we could survive that :wink:

So, Iā€™ve enabled wifi, played with functions, now I donā€™t want it anymore. Does anyone know how to disable wifi for midea AC? Other than physically pulling out the wifi module from the unit, or changing the AP wifi password.

If youā€™re a unit has an actual Wi-Fi button, try holding it for a really long time, like at least 30 seconds. Otherwise I have no idea if thereā€™s some factory reset. You could create a temporary hotspot using your phone and move them over to that. But it would probably be more work than just unplugging the module, lol. It doesnā€™t hurt to leave them connected, but if youā€™re worried about privacy or something I guess you could also block them in your firewall or router.

This thread here is actually the main reason I just invested a ton of money in a Midea mini split system, and why I found out about home assistant and got it set up. I really want room by room climate zoning and automation and this seems like the best way.

I seem to have some questions and problems that I canā€™t find much documentation about. I posted a few bug reports but I donā€™t want to spam them up all at once. Is this thread still active for help / discussion?

I have Midea MSOPBU-12HRFN8-QRE3GW Oasis Plus Nordic Hyperinverter air conditioner that has heating range from 16C and up.
It gets recognised with Midea AC LAN (georgezhao2010) and works but i can not set temperature to 16C, it always gives me minimum 17.
Any idea what to tweak ?

I have a similar bug. In Fahrenheit, itā€™s supposed to go down to 62 and the minimum in HA is 63. I would guess the programmer used a ā€œ>ā€ somewhere where it should have been a ā€œ>=ā€.

Not getting F as low may also be roundup error as the conversion faction per degree is 5/9.
Tried to change constant TEMPERATUE_MIN in custom_components/midea_ac_lan/climate.py to 16.
I can set AC to 16C, AC shows 16. HA will jump back 17C after short while.
If i leave it to 16, HA flaps between 17 and 16 but AC stays 16.

I spent like an hour playing around with that file! Idk why climate.py has an import for ā€œTemperature Fahrenheitā€, but init.py imports Celsius from HA. It seems conversion is done within HA and not the integration, but idk why the integration has both. I tried transitioning that file to farenheight and had all kinds of weird issues. I also tried various decimal numbers for min temperature. 17 C is 62.6 F, which is why it rounds up. Exact 62 F is 16.6667 C, but even using this value for the MIN is problematic it seems. Luckify for the max temp of 86 F, itā€™s equal to an integer in C, so no rounding errors.

Based on the code for the units, it looks like they communicate in F.

It seems like the contributors to this code are brilliant, so itā€™s unfortunate they arnā€™t around to shed some light on it.

Use a SLWF-01pro itā€™s finished and flashed with ESPhome just plug it in.

1 Like

I donā€™t really know anything about ESPHome, looks like some kind of addon for HA to integrate custom flashed ESP chips in?
Itā€™s just a minor software issue, so it should be fixable without buying additional hardware. But I guess I would consider that as a last resort. Is the ESP integration supported better than the regular ones?
Thanks for sharing

Have done it for a couple of units and it works like a dream, just plug and play, the HA discovery makes everything.

Good. The discovery also worked fine with my OSK 105 modules. I didnā€™t know if there were any improvements after initial setup.

im using the midea ac lan inegration from hacs and works perfect - my midea system indoor unit temp reading is way off though, is there a way i can calibrate it in ha

Maybe with some helper?