Any users of LightwaveRF + RFXCOM?

Ok, then it should be enabled.
Make also sure that there is no relevant errors in the log during start up.

If nothing happens in the frontend or the logs when you press on/off on your remote, it might not be supported.
But a PR to the rfxtrx library is always welcome.

I guess that might be a question then, do I need to use a remote to sync the devices. I don’t currently do that (don’t actually have a remote) and Domoticz talks directly to the bulbs and switches themselves.

Appreciate the responses and yes, if it’s something I can fix then I’ll have a crack, already contributed a fix back for Sony Bravia TV’s :smiley:

Seems like something I ran into earlier. But than with ac protocol device

Yes, to add your lamp to HA you need to switch your lamp on or off with some kind of a remote switch.
Otherwise you have to calculate the device id yourself.

All sorted - thank you for the pointers.

I actually found a remote and used it to pair the first light bulb which worked perfectly fine. I then just altered the device id slightly for the rest of my devices.

The one thing I’m missing which I believe isn’t supported is dimming functions which the wall sockets, switches and bulbs support. I’d love to try and get that in so any pointers would be helpful.

Managed to successfully pair:

Bulbs: http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/lightwaverf-lw561es-20w-dimmer-es-compact-fluorescent-light-with-remote-n60ll

Mag switches: http://lightwaverf.com/product/lw904-magnetic-switch/

Wall switches: http://lightwaverf.com/product-category/retrofit-dimmers/

Sockets: http://lightwaverf.com/product-category/13a-retrofit-sockets/

I’ve got to get my energy monitor moved across.

Again - many thanks :slight_smile:

If you add your bulbs as lights and not switches, you should get the dimming function.

Move the device id from

switch:
  platform: rfxtrx

to

light:
  platform: rfxtrx

If you find the documentation unclear, it would be great if you could help improve it.

I already have that - didn’t realise you could access the dimming feature by clicking on the bulb :open_mouth:.

Think I’ll try moving my wall switches to be lights as well as they support dimming.

Thank you for your help and yes, I’ll have a look at the docs and see if I can make any improvements.

Hi,

This is an interesting read that has helped me get everything recognised although I seem to have run into a problem and wondering if anybody else had seen it.

My wall dimmer is detected and will happily turn on, turn the brightness up and down but will not turn off. Do your wall dimmers turn off ok or have you done something to get them working?

Thanks

I’ve not tested them in a while but I’m sure they worked ok last time. Will re-test.

Hi

I am planning on to buying lightwave RF dimmers. I needed your advice please.

Do you think I should get the lightwave Web link or get the RFXCOM?

If I get the RFXCOM is it easy to setup to the pi and does it need to be close to the dimmer?

Finally would I need a Lightwave RF remote control to pair it to the RFXCOM and get it working with HA? As I want my Amazon Echo to control my dimmers.

Is that all possible?

Thanks.

Hi @bachoo786,

Did you ever manage to get an answer to your above questions? I’m in the same boat as you.

Thanks

Nope heard nothing left it

@bachoo786 @twillmott

Im asking the same question,did you try any of those options ??

Many Thanks
Lee

Not yet, I’m hoping to look at it in the coming months.

I use the RFXCOM with great success.

Used to use it on the Pi and it worked fine. It needs to be in range which depends on various factors. For me it worked from one end of a house to another with no issues.

No you don’t need the remote, you can program them into HA without it.

Hi @laf Would you mind detailing how you calculate the device ID?

I have a bunch of LightwaveRF stuff, and all the codes are ‘learnt’ from the remotes that I have lying in a box now. I tried making up codes myself, but I think there’s a checksum at the end that I’m missing out on. Would be great to dispense with this spreadsheet of codes from all the remotes!

Any thoughts? :slight_smile:

I just made mine up as I didn’t have many but you can use:

Let me know how you get on with it.

That’s fantastic! Thank you :slight_smile:

Not only does it allow me to get rid of my LightwaveRF codes spreadsheet, but it turns out that I can create codes for other kit too, like the Energenie 4 gang that’s been sitting idle for a year - allows for Classic Energenie support via 433MHz to be closed off :smiley:

1 Like

How do you edit/change a device from a ‘switch’ into a light dimmer?

Another user moving from Domoticz over to HA and have existing LightwaveRF light switch dimmers, wall sockets and PIR sensors.

I’m using an RFXcom device, in auto update it finds 3 x temp sensors which I’ve added (not lightwaveRF).
It finds the Lightwave PIRs
It finds my doorbell but I don’t seem to be able to get it to acknowledge it being pressed
I can’t find my Dimmer light switches but manually added the event code at which point I can turn the dimmer off/on but how do I dim it?
They appear as a ‘switch’, I’ve seen other threads where you edit yaml files but I can’t find any reference to RFX or the device in any yaml file, I can’t see anywhere in the device or under the integration to change it.

What do I change where to get them to dim etc?

Think I might of cracked it in the last 5 minutes, found this Rfxtrx lights are recognized as switches in 0.113 - Configuration - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io) talking about a bug and there’s a reference to having 10 0F70 as the last 6 entries, changed my code to use this, re learnt it and now appears as a dimmable light switch, boom!