Any way to get Hue bulb serial number within HA?

I have recently changed out a second-story, outdoors floodlight fixture in my back yard. Put two Philips Hue floodlight bulbs in it, integrated natively in HA (NOT using a Philips Hue bridge), set them up as a Zigbee Light Group, and the rest is history… works absolutely great.

I’ve made a mistake though… since I literally can’t bring myself to get on a ladder that’s more than eight feet high, I had some friends help… it was an absolute pain, and I’m grateful to them. But, as anyone who sets up Hue bulbs natively in HA knows… there’s a small possibility that one day something goes screwy, and you lose it and have to re-set-up the bulb in Zigbee again. These people then also know that it’s kind of a separate pain in the arse, because you need to set up your Hue bridge, find the bulb by serial number, and clear it’s config before you can then get it back into HA.

My mistake? The bulbs (which are working fine for the time being) are two stories up and I didn’t record their serial numbers. So this question is for posterity and preparedness, in case something ever goes haywire with them.

The subject says it all… any way to get t a Hue bulb serial number from within HA, that I’m not seeing?

Thanks!

I have not used it myself yet, but there is a zha toolkit integration available in HA.
Maybe it can do what you need.

@WallyR, thank you! I’ll check that out.

@WallyR, thanks for the idea… didn’t provide anything useful that I saw. But great idea to check it.

Sorry to hear, since that was my single shot :slight_smile:

According to the z2m docs, there are other ways of resetting a Philips Hue bulb Philips 433714 control via MQTT | Zigbee2MQTT