Any way to install pynx84 as an addon to HASSIO?

I am wanting to connect an RPI3/HASSIO to a CADDX/NX584 security system. I understand “pynx84” code is required for the USB-Serial connectivity. I wasn’t able to find it as an Hassio add-on, but only as a manual pip install which I can’t use. Is there a 3rd party repository where pynx584 exists as an add-on? If not, how does one go about installing it on HASSIO?

Background note: I now have the NX584 connected to a Vera+ hub via usb/ftdi cable, which works fine for the most part. But I want to use Hassio to manage the security system instead. The Hassio Vera addon just adds all security sensors as binary switches and does not create an alarm panel.

1 Like

Hi @GaryOkie, were you able to figure out how to connect HASSIO to NX584 system?
The pynx584 dependency is where I am stuck as well.

Hi, There still isn’t a custom component for pynx584 that will run on HASSIO that I can find. My NX584 is still currently connected to a Vera via Serial/USB adapter. However, I have installed pynx584 on an old Raspberry Pi and intend to connect it directly to the NX584 via that same USB adapter, replacing the Vera. Note that you can also use a serial-to-ethernet adapter instead.

Please see this post for others who are doing exactly the same thing. @pre10der mentioned he had submitted some enhancement requests, so maybe he will let us know if anything has improved or of any tips.

I won’t be able to get to the lake house for a while to test this RPi connection but I will reply back when/if I get it working.