Any way to roll-back firmware on thirdreality motion sensors?

I’m using the ARM docker version of HA.

I have the 3RMS16BZ motion sensor.
ThirdReality has been dropping a lot of firmware updates lately, and each seemed to improve up to Firmware: 0x00000034 (The previous one), That version was snappy, responsive, and they always triggered. It was like night and day compared to the other firmwares.

Then 2 days later they dropped Firmware: 0x0000003a, and man does it suck.
It’s very slow to respond and sometimes just doesn’t trigger at all.

Those older firmware files have to be somewhere, on the drive, right? Is there a way to manually flash back to the previous version?

Same issue here. it is slow to respond and the detection sensitivity is very low.

Have you had any luck with this? either a downgrade or maybe getting to the sensor’s settings and turning up the sensitivity?

I have not had any luck at all. I have one sensor that is crazy slow, but I notice the batteries are getting low. I’m charging up a new set of lithium batteries to put in there, they should hold full voltage until they die. We’ll see if that helps.(EDIT: Batteries made no difference) I have a few of these sensors. Those I didn’t update are snappy as can be. Those I did, don’t even trigger for up to a couple of seconds.

I suspect that they took out some power saving feature, then added it back in and they now have to “wake” first.
I’d rather change batteries than suffer with this terrible operation.

FYI, quick battery drainage is also a symtom of poor reception due to intererence or not having enough Zigbee Router devices → Zigbee networks: how to guide for avoiding interference + optimize using Zigbee Router devices (repeaters/extenders) to get a stable network with best possible range and coverage

Any luck rolling back the firmware or even installing newer firmware?

I have a similar issue with 0x00000034 on one of mine, so I didn’t update the other.

Nope. And now that 43 has dropped, I tried it on one sensor and now it’s back to the VERY old behavior of an extra-long timeout before it resets. So Now I can’t even use it in my application. If I leave the room to pick something up in another room and return they don’t trigger anymore. DO NOT Update to 0x00000034 and especially 0x00000043 It keeps getting worse.

1 Like

Did they fix the issue?.. Was planning to buy a few of them.